Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
I don't know if there is any validation to this, but when I was at Sam Ash talking to one of my friends that work there about the meshuggah sig and I wanted a price check and he said that the iceman was around 1,700 and the rg was about 3,000 so if thats true then an iceman 8 will be a reality.:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sell2792

Reaction score
Why won't ibanez release a 7 string destroyer, or a 7 string iceman, not this garbage.

YES!
DSC04898.jpg

And this for good measure
RG7620DY.jpg

Dooky

Reaction score
^^^ If they bought out a MIJ desert yellow 7 string exactly like the one above, I honestly, no BS, would buy it in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!
Why won't Ibanez do this!? Surely I'm not the only one!?

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the new 2012 guitars. I was really hoping for a MIJ RG 7 string with a maple board... I guess I'll just have to keep waiting patiently (I realise there was the RG1527m that could be bought second hand, but finding one in Australia is very unlikely).
Plus the 25th anniversary RGs are premiums and the 25th anniversary Sabres are Indo :noplease:

Dooky

Reaction score
^ They don't make 'em for Australia. We got them in very limited quantities when they very first came out, so they're very rare to find second hand here - believe me, I've looked!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
(I realise there was the RG1527m that could be bought second hand, but finding one in Australia is very unlikely).

I've found a few in some music stores, and they were selling some cheap (Australian standards anyway). You can always go to the distributor (Australis Music) and try to order one.

Or you can do what I did and go to Japan and buy one for under 800AUD. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ They don't make 'em for Australia. We got them in very limited quantities when they very first came out, so they're very rare to find second hand here - believe me, I've looked!

Could probably get one used from the US for cheaper than the inflated AUS prices. :lol:

Dooky

Reaction score
I've found a few in some music stores, and they were selling some cheap (Australian standards anyway). You can always go to the distributor (Australis Music) and try to order one.
I'm in Tasmania so my chances of finding one in a store are slim to none.
I've checked out some mainland stores: Ibanez Guitar Centre and all the other major ones, but haven't had much luck. Haven't heard of Australis Music before. I'm gonna check it out now!!!

Could probably get one used from the US for cheaper than the inflated AUS prices. :lol:
I'm a bit scared about the shipping and not knowing which shops are legit etc. Seems too risky to me. Knowing my luck something would go wrong, lol.

sell2792

Reaction score
DSC04908-1.jpg

Or this

IMG_9452.jpg

Kens Ibanez's are sooo nice.. I'm going to wait and hope they release an S7 Premium in the next year, but it'd be nice to see any more S7's, especially MIJ. Also, I really like how on the S Premium they're switching to a toggle, which basically makes it perfect IMO.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Hey can someone tell me if the new Premium RG821-BK will be available in the U.S. market? It's the only new guitar I want from them, and with it's $750 price tag, I couldn't be happier.

Any insight? If it's euro only I'm going to fucking kill something.

Zonk Knuckle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey can someone tell me if the new Premium RG821-BK will be available in the U.S. market? It's the only new guitar I want from them, and with it's $750 price tag, I couldn't be happier.

Any insight? If it's euro only I'm going to fucking kill something.

I think you converted from euro instead of pounds. It's probably over $900.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Yeah that's where I was getting my price. Is that squigly thing before the price euros or pounds?

Also are those both U.S. and Euro models being released?

')