Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Read this on the IbanezRules website!:

"RG1, the 1 is significant, why? These will be the first of 4 different pairs to be released for the 25th Anniversary, 8 total. 2 new ones will be revealed for the Second Quarter, 2 for the 3rd, and 2 for the 4th. Maybe just different colors, maybe far different, there is no way to know but to wait and see. That doesn't mean don't buy one of these if you like them, you may not like any of the rest!"

My mind is running riot! RG565? RG770? RG560? RG760? RG7620!? The suspense is too much! So many possibilities! And the colour options! What will they be!?
Maybe even an 8-string at the end of the line, as those were the last huge step of their history. I wouldn't mind a Premium 8-string, or how about another RGT?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
There is also the S1XXV, so more Saber anniversary models? MIJ 540S reissue please!

Also, since the Radius debuted in '87, it'd be sweet to see a RXXV. I would buy one immediately.

cicu

Reaction score
In EU catalogue no more Bk Jem...so strange, no nore Breed equipped Jem?:noway:

Reaction score
Look what I found! RG2XXV's!
RG2XXVFPK.jpg
RG2XXVFYE.jpg

RG3XXV, looks like the RG465, but is called RG3XXV. Cool!
RG3XXVca.jpg

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Are those DR coated neon strings?
Im a little confused, I thought the 25th anniversary ones were premium only?
ibanez-news.blogspot2.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are those DR coated neon strings?
Im a little confused, I thought the 25th anniversary ones were premium only?
ibanez-news.blogspot2.jpg

Only the RG1XXVs were premium, their Saber counterparts were not.

Perhaps this means that the Sabers will be Premiums on the second set.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Ah I see.
Contacted my local dealer about ordering an RG1XXV ... in pink of course.
Hopefully I'll have one at some point soon

cicu

Reaction score
I think the Breed is way better than evo....Anyway, I really don't understand why they dont' make different levels for the XXV models...
Being the 1 a Prestige, I was expeting to have a low end RG, a Prestige Rg (with DiMarzio and Edge) and a High-end version, like a J-custom XXV RG (with DiMarzio,Edge,a figured top and transparent fluo colors....).
Different colours, different specs, different pricing, that could fill all the requests of us Ibby fans!!!

jl-austin

Reaction score
I hope that RG3XXV picture is true. I hope they offer it in another color as well, (/cough /cough blue!).

I am kind of puzzled by that RG2XXV though, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to offer a non-premium version of the RG1 (with slight differences), in the same colors.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope that RG3XXV picture is true. I hope they offer it in another color as well, (/cough /cough blue!).

I am kind of puzzled by that RG2XXV though, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to offer a non-premium version of the RG1 (with slight differences), in the same colors.

Maybe they're going for the budget conscious folks. The S1XXVs are already $200 cheaper than the RG1XXVs. Not to mention those who prefer dots.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Check out what I just uncovered! Lazer blue RG3xxv!
RG3XXVLB.jpg

Reaction score

Trust me it is! You can check the image's link and it labeled 'RG3XXVCA', plus RG465's had Edge III's, this has an EZ II.

I found those images by fucking with the image location links for the RG1XXV's. I replaced the 1 with a 2 and got the images for the RG2XXV's. I then tried putting a 3 and couldn't find any RG3XXV pictures. I tried different color codes, but the only one that worked was CA (candy apple). If anyone else wants to try other color codes, you may find other pictures!

And good job, Swyse! I couldn't find the blue one! I tried the SOB color code from the RG465's, but it didn't work.

Now we need to uncover the RG4XXV's!

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Trust me it is! You can check the image's link and it labeled 'RG3XXVCA', plus RG465's had Edge III's, this has an EZ II.

I found those images by fucking with the image location links for the RG1XXV's. I replaced the 1 with a 2 and got the images for the RG2XXV's. I then tried putting a 3 and couldn't find any RG3XXV pictures. I tried different color codes, but the only one that worked was CA (candy apple). If anyone else wants to try other color codes, you may find other pictures!

And good job, Swyse! I couldn't find the blue one! I tried the SOB color code from the RG465's, but it didn't work.

Now we need to uncover the RG4XXV's!

I can't find the RG4's, but I'm trying every color code. It is going to be a while haha.
ibanez colour codes ibanez color codes

dres_x

Reaction score
I was really hoping that the Rg565-like guitar would be released as a premium...guess ill take what I can get though...

any luck with the S's? I tried a few but got nothing :(

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
props to you guys, that's some seriously cool stuff you've uncovered!

Dooky

Reaction score
I'm a bit sceptical about those RG2 and RG3 pictures. Something just doesn't seem legit about them to me. I see the pics have what appears to be Edge II trems but aparts from that the RG3s look exactly like the RGR465s - the headstock (no premium logo; but I realise the S 25th weren't premium) and finishes are exactly the same. I would've thought that if they're going to do a 25th RG565s they would've a least brought out new/different colour options (like the Flouro RG1s) instead of exactly the same as the RGR465s. Just seems fishy.

')