Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I wonder when the RG2 will be released? Have we gotten word if there will be an S2?

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I wonder when the RG2 will be released? Have we gotten word if there will be an S2?

Logically it would be quarter 2, so soon I'd think. I still can't find a S2, but tbh I've just about given up on it. I think they might have stopped making it easy haha.

Randomist

Reaction score
According to one of the videos earlier in the thread there isn't an S2xxv or S3xxv.
Edit: just rewatched the vid. There will be two more launches of RG guitars at 2 month intervals, so it "transcends the whole year." hmm... 3x2=... does he know something about 2012 that I don't? :scratch: ...:eek:

jl-austin

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a pink RG, I am not sure I want one bad enough to blow $900 on one, so the $500ish RG2 might be right up my alley! :)

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
got to play a RG2xxv at my local GC today. It played very nice, but it had more finish flaws than the RG1xxvs did. For example the white around the aanj bolts are not glare, but white paint where it looks like they sanded through. Some black specs. The trem cavity in the front has spots missing paint.

IMAG0533.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
This and also the 2s have inf pickups that are just black. Also have just a 3pc maple neck instead of 5 piece.

Ok, so........let me see if I've got this straight. There are newer versions of the pink/yellow monsters BUT they are not the same? I'm confused....I wanted different models completely (crying)

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
If they are in guitar stores already, why are they not up on the websites?

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread:

Who else REALLY wants to see a Premium RGA next year? Something resembling a RGA 121 would score major brownie points with a lot of people missing the model, I think.

Make it happen Ibanez.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread:

Who else REALLY wants to see a Premium RGA next year? Something resembling a RGA 121 would score major brownie points with a lot of people missing the model, I think.

Make it happen Ibanez.

I want to see new Prestiges first.

')