Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Premiums? Ugh. So glad I left Ibanez.

MAYBE...if there was an orange one...I could be wooed to reconsider...maybe.

Those premiums seem pretty good to me. I have heard a lot of good things from others too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Hmm, I like yellow better with a bright fretboard. But these are kinda cool, I have to admit.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
So the concept of a Premium Ibanez is new to me. What are they with respect to Prestiges? Are they like the Goro fight before Shang Tsung or are they the next generation Prestiges?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
:bowdown: *jizz in pants*

These are a prime example of what I love about Ibanez. I don't play 80s music but I LOVE 80s looking guitars. My DNA swirled 7620 is my main weapon of choice at the moment if that's any indication. :lol:

And I also like that they don't seem to try do over do the whole "we make metal guitars" thing. They have a fair amount that seem to be focused on the metal crowd but a lot of them just seem to have this elegant simplicity that I really enjoy.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the concept of a Premium Ibanez is new to me. What are they with respect to Prestiges? Are they like the Goro fight before Shang Tsung or are they the next generation Prestiges?

It's essentially Prestige/JC level fretwork, but with Standard series hardware. It's kind of a middle ground between Presitge and Standard.

jl-austin

Reaction score
This is sort of off topic, but I think Ibanez wants the premium line to take over the lower end prestige stuff, like the RG1550 and RG1570, and move the prestige line more towards high end.

Either way, these new models look sharp. I also would have preferred ebony or maple though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is sort of off topic, but I think Ibanez wants the premium line to take over the lower end prestige stuff, like the RG1550 and RG1570, and move the prestige line more towards high end.

I think you're right.

I know the Premium models were meant to bridge the gap between the $400 and $500 Standard series RGs and the big jump to the $1200 ones.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
did anyone else get the new sam ash with the new floral pattern jem? not the contest winner, but the remake of the old one?

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I think you're right.

I know the Premium models were meant to bridge the gap between the $400 and $500 Standard series RGs and the big jump to the $1200 ones.

Given the strength of the Yen on the world markets, I think Ibanez have had to adopt this policy. so yes, I agree...

The point of the original 550 and then the Prestige series was that you could get guitars designed to equal American superstrats at a lower price. Nowadays, the Yen is so strong, that MIJ is pricing itself out of the market.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Given the strength of the Yen on the world markets, I think Ibanez have had to adopt this policy. so yes, I agree...

The point of the original 550 and then the Prestige series was that you could get guitars designed to equal American superstrats at a lower price. Nowadays, the Yen is so strong, that MIJ is pricing itself out of the market.

While the Yen does play part in it, Japanese super strats are still cheaper than thier American made counterparts. The quality is also pretty spot on.

Take a look at the Charvels, the slightly cheaper MIJ ones are being reported as even better than the previous USA made ones.

The thing is, there just aren't any USA made super strats intent on competing price wise with imports. The market has changed so much since the 80's and early 90's.

I still feel that a middle range Ibanez Prestige, or ESP Standard still beat out entry level American made guitars.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
This awefull... its not black and it doesn't have emgs! God ibanez sucks!! =D

In all seriousness though, love those lol, Ill have the pink one to go please!

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Any other news? I'd like to see some other models. These models look epic but I don't know if i'd get either. Too bright xD

')