Ibanez 2012: The Thread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
DS01516072.jpg

Same specs as an RGA420z, but with a swamp ash body and Dimarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone. Priced at 168000yen, much cheaper than the RGA420.

Doing some cross multiplyin that's $2000...I wish they'd just throw some cheap pickups and a hardtail on it and sell it for 1500. Though the purple no doubt adds hundreds to the value. :D
edit: you can apparently buy the thing at Ibanez RGA320Z :yum:
It seems kind of likely they'd consider mass producing these since they thought bright pink s5470s was a good idea.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bklixuz

Reaction score
I really hope ibanez is gonna offer more on mahogany, alder, ash bodies and maple & perhaps ebony boards on their mid level massed produced guitars rather than the same boring basswood & rosewood RG's. no offense! they do offer those woods but only on a few models... ibanez is boring now. nothing exciting.. this is what keeps me from not owning again another ibanez i feel like im paying an overpriced guitar.

Jack Secret

Reaction score
XG300MGS.jpg

Did Paul Stanley resign with Ibanez? Looks like one of those those wacky Silvertone he used to pimp.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
XG300MGS.jpg

Did Paul Stanley resign with Ibanez? Looks like one of those those wacky Silvertone he used to pimp.

I just wish it didn't exist. Silverburst is overused and that shape is still fuck-awful. No matter how much I look at it and want it
to grow on me, it never does. It's dire.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That doesn't count! It's EURO only, limited production, and not MIJ!

They were being compared to the current 25th models, which as far as we know fit into all three of those categories. :lol:

Also, they weren't Euro only, they were available to every region but the US. :wallbash:

jl-austin

Reaction score
They were being compared to the current 25th models, which as far as we know fit into all three of those categories. :lol:

Also, they weren't Euro only, they were available to every region but the US. :wallbash:

Does it matter? Most everyone in the US would have said these stink! They would say I will NEVER buy an MII/MIC Ibanez.

However, I would have bought the blue one and put white pickups in it (I know, I know, copycat, but it looks SHARP!!!)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does it matter? Most everyone in the US would have said these stink! They would say I will NEVER buy an MII/MIC Ibanez.

However, I would have bought the blue one and put white pickups in it (I know, I know, copycat, but it looks SHARP!!!)

People on the internet say a lot of things.

Obviously the MII and MIC Ibanez guitars (and all brands really) are selling, and they're selling really well. If they didn't, they wouldn't constantly be bringing out more of them.

In another generation no one is really going to care where guitars were once made.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Oh I agree. I know you know the type of person I am talking about.

I was very sad when they didn't bring these over. I know people say it a lot, but I would have bought one.

I am not a fan of MIC, for other reasons though. I am more than happy to buy an MII cheap guitar over an MIC cheap guitar. Which if you compare prices Ibanez to say, LTD, that is what you are getting, Ibanez MII vs LTD MIC. I will take the MII any day and be happy about it.

Bones43x

Reaction score
Oh I agree. I know you know the type of person I am talking about.

I was very sad when they didn't bring these over. I know people say it a lot, but I would have bought one.

I am not a fan of MIC, for other reasons though. I am more than happy to buy an MII cheap guitar over an MIC cheap guitar. Which if you compare prices Ibanez to say, LTD, that is what you are getting, Ibanez MII vs LTD MIC. I will take the MII any day and be happy about it.

I'm the type of person you're talking about. I wouldn't have bought one because it's MII w/ an Edge III. Other than that, it's cool. I even like the pickups they chose for it.

I just can't bring myself to waste time/money on a guitar that's not MIA or MIJ. It will be a long time before I'm sold on the MII guitars.

Reaction score
People on the internet say a lot of things.

Obviously the MII and MIC Ibanez guitars (and all brands really) are selling, and they're selling really well. If they didn't, they wouldn't constantly be bringing out more of them.

In another generation no one is really going to care where guitars were once made.

And to be honest the MIC ones aren't even that terrible, obviously you get what you pay for but I'm pretty happy with what I got for what I paid :)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And to be honest the MIC ones aren't even that terrible, obviously you get what you pay for but I'm pretty happy with what I got for what I paid :)

I'd take an Artcore Custom over just about any sub-$2k archtop. The quality really is amazing on them, even the pickups and hardware are top quality.

Latest posts

')