Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd very much like pics of said 7 string Iceman.

soon-thumb.jpg

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
*Sigh* Black guitars w/ EMGs... yay.

Oh well, at least they released this recently too:

RG2727FZ_TBK_00_01.png

It's not that I'm all "quilt or GTFO." Solid colors are fine, but just do something aside from black!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Not to offend the die hard color black aficionados, but some people (me, guilty as charged) can't stand it.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I agree, I'm really sad there's no RGT7 and idk bout you guys but I think a neck thru s7 would be pure sex (as long as it had direct mounted passives)

In theory that sounds great but I think having a solid mahogany body vs a maple neck-thru with mahogany wings would sound better and retain that whole Saber warm sound. A million other guitars offer the maple neck-thru kind of sound. I think this world is lacking too few bolt-on mahogany guitars. Every mahogany Ibanez I have sounds amazing.

Perhaps a good compromise could be a set-neck one, like some of the old S Prestiges used to have.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
In theory that sounds great but I think having a solid mahogany body vs a maple neck-thru with mahogany wings would sound better and retain that whole Saber warm sound. A million other guitars offer the maple neck-thru kind of sound. I think this world is lacking too few bolt-on mahogany guitars. Every mahogany Ibanez I have sounds amazing.

Perhaps a good compromise could be a set-neck one, like some of the old S Prestiges used to have.

I agree 100%. One thing I like about Ibanez and know that I can count on is that the necks are made of maple but do not run through the body and that the base of the body is made up of one type of wood.

I do enjoy neck thru also but its nice to know that I can always rely on Jackson, ESP, KxK, Mayones for that.

The Shit Wolf

Sniffs out bull....
Reaction score

Yeah that's a good point...I've just been so addicted to the feel and tone of the RGT's. after I bought the rgt6exfx I fell in love and got the next RGT I found (rgt42) I actually like the way they play better then my rg7621.

How bout this compromise maple neck thru, mahogany wings and a mahogany top?

Stemp Fester

Reaction score
So this alleged Prestige S7... would it be fair to assume that it's essentially a 7-string S5470? If so I'll be giddy like a tweenage girl at a One Direction concert...

As long as it comes to Oz...:squint:

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
what i like about bolt ons, is that you have mainly a body tone wood and no interference of another wood type like maple or the mixture of wenge or walnut. another good thing about bolt on is that if one part is damaged, you can seek a repair or replacement, not so much luck with the neck-through if the body or neck sustains damage

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
if there was an iceman or destroyer 7, ill take 3

God damn it, I'm taking three! And a green dot!!

Earlier this year I had money set aside for a custom iceman 7 from acacia. Then I decided I'd rather look for an old green dot, but ultimately bought a Mesa mark v. Now I guess I'm buying some guitars this year!

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better myself. Not to offend the die hard color black aficionados, but some people (me, guilty as charged) can't stand it.

i'm also pretty sick of black guitars, but it's nice to see a higher end prestige 7 besides the RGD so... that's pretty awesome :shred:

if they made something like the purple J custom, but a regular prestige (so.. not $4000) I wouldn't even have a choice but to buy it :lol:

I <3 Purple burst guitars. I hope the schecter USA's come in purple... and 7 string's. But i'll keep dreaming

Panacea224

Reaction score
I have to agree about the bolt on's. I like that about ibanez, it really does give them a different tone than neck through guitars.

Based on what I've read in this thread, Ibanez may be getting a lot of my money this year and I may have a few NGD's to post in a few months.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
If we do get an Iceman 7, I really hope they go with a blank fretboard, or the smaller offset dots. I'm not a big fan of those 'shark tooth' inlays on the ICT700.

That being said, if it does come out with said sharktooth inlays, how hard is it to remove those and simply fill in the spaces?

Oh, also it would kick ass if it had the reversed headstock still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')