Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
So yeah, I decided I'm getting that 7 string Iceman and refinishing it in sunburst like the original Icemans.

Lilarcor

Reaction score
@Iceman bridges:
Comparing the 7 and the white sixer it's just a slight difference. The strings are pressed (don't know a better word) onto the saddles at the very front on the 7 and at the very end on the 6.

LordHar

Reaction score
When I read someones post somewhere ant it said "new style bar for the original edge" this was not at all what I was expecting. A bar with some goofy shit on it is cool I guess. I wonder if its a cover, or to make it more comfortable, or if its grippy.

From Jemsite:

UTA20 - Ultralight Tremolo Arm

All JS and JEM's will come with one, and the regular bar. It's a bar made from a carbon fiber shaft affixed to the shank of a regular bar. It is very lightweight.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Regarding bridges: many people are worried about the distance between pickups and bridges, but they don't actually see the distance between the individual saddle and magnet, just the bridge plate/edge and the pickup itself. If you check the distance between saddle and magnet, most times it's good, just compare it to the Jem :)

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Edge Pro:

8223164884_4671a7eb92_b.jpg

EDIT: :ninja:'d. Guess it's probably better to get on with the business at hand.

Hey, that's one of my photos! :hbang:

That baby has been retrofitted with an LR Baggs peizo system btw, and is setting pretty in an '06 RG1527 now.

(sorry, had to brag a little... carry on)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, that's one of my photos! :hbang:

That baby has been retrofitted with an LR Baggs peizo system btw, and is setting pretty in an '06 RG1527 now.

(sorry, had to brag a little... carry on)

Haha, awesome!

I've always wanted to have that mod done to my RG1527 (mine's an '07). If I lived in the US, I would have shipped it off to Shotgunn a long time ago and had him do it.

Someday...

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Do we know any of the other specs on the JEM7V7? What's kind of wood is the body, Basswood or Alder?

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
That JEM is pretty beautiful. :agreed:

Indeed. It's the kind of guitar where, when you pull it out of the case, doves come flying out in slow motion and you can hear the dulcet tones of a lone, wistful trumpet playing over classical guitar and castanets in A minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')