Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tbb529

Reaction score
I work at a mom and pop store, and we've got our 2013 catalog already, there's some really cool stuff on the way.

The only white Iron Labels are 6 strings unfortunately...

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I'm certainly not complaining, but I was kind of secretly hoping, Ibanez would make a 7-string version of this:

FR1620_BK_00_02.png

Maybe next year :)
(for this year they evoked already more than enough GAS for me)

pawel

Reaction score
So wait, what is the difference between a JEM and a Universe? Up untill now I was under the assumption it was the 6 & 7 string difference but that seems to have gone out of the window....

Monkey grip

Jzbass25

Reaction score
So wait, what is the difference between a JEM and a Universe? Up untill now I was under the assumption it was the 6 & 7 string difference but that seems to have gone out of the window....

Jem is usually alder, has the top 4 frets scalloped (I don't remember the uv's having them at least), has a monkey grip and lions claw and usually the vine inlay. The disappearing pyramids sort of became a UV thing after awhile.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing this in the thread, and there's no way I'm going through 50 pages to check, so:

Hardtail Iron Label S7

・Nitro Wizard-7 3pc Maple/Bubinga neck
・Mahogany body
・Jumbo frets
・Bound rosewood fretboard
・Gibraltar Standard-7 bridge
・Cosmo black hardware
・DiMarzio® PAF® 7 pus

SIR27FD-IronPewter_zps9a501780.jpg

I'm not familiar with those pickups, but that is one seriously fine looking 7.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
oh ok. they're decent for heavier shite then?

The PAF7s are not very good. Very dry and bright, low output but not warm. Theyre passable but definitely should be replaced IMO.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
White D-Activators would probably look nice in there anyway :yesway:

Yeah but D-Activators sound kind of bland to me. Really thin on the high-end, not much character. I like the Blaze, Evolution 7, Crunch Lab better in terms of DiMarzios. Obviously as a BKP fan, my choice for my S7 Prestige will probably be the Black Dogs or perhaps the Blackhawks.

tedtan

Reaction score
The European catalog linked to a couple of pages back confirms the 7 string Jem has an alder body.

Tereon

Reaction score
Wait, in that european catalog, all the models that were named differently in the US and the EU, like RG927 and RG827, are now listed under their US name. Does that mean Ibanez will stop this whole thing and sell exactly the same models in the US and the EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')