Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metaljesus

Reaction score
would save time(which=$) on the CNC to not even do a bridge route and just screw the bridge to the top of the guitars, which is what I think they do.

Well, true. I just guessed since they do often make the same model that has the tight end, also have a tremmed version. But i have no clue really to be honest :lol:

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
I don't know, I know I may be ignorant but that bridge just looks so hideous that I'd rather deal with my stays-in-tune-well-enough bridges I use now. Just me though.

I agree that design wise, it is severely lacking in some decent aesthetic quality, but there are some instruments it looks good on, like the ESP Eclipse, or imagine it on that new RGD :)

Reaction score
I cant be the only one. Who else is thinking about picking one up?

I still remember the dissapointment after i first saw videos of vai playing and ran off to check to see if there was a 7 string jem, but no longer will that be an issue for todays children.

Sooo, whos getting one? Thoughts?

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I would love one... or 12... but I need to focus on school/getting a job at the moment haha. I am excited that they finally did this since I've always wanted a 7 string version too

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
It's a very nice guitar I'd like to own but I'm afraid the price tag won't be worth it. For me anyway. I'd rather get a 2K5 custom than a 2K5 Ibanez, at that price point Ibanez isn't really a good brand for me. Their strength is in the 800-1200 bracket.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I just really can't stand my 1527 not having a handle, it sounds dumb, I know, but now that I have a jem I really miss the handle when I pick up any other guitar. I use it a ton, it saves my bad shoulder muscles some strain when pulling it off my hanger too

Dayn

Reaction score
It's either that, or the Prestige S7. I only have two concerns: will it be AANJ or square-heeled? And will I be able to handle that middle pickup?

The floral JEM7V I played was ruined by the square heel, and I just seem to stuff up when presented with a middle pickup. I always keep tapping it with my pick, I've just been so used to having a space there. Ahh, first world problems... But despite that, I'm seriously considering getting one.

I'll import it myself, though. Fuck the 2k price hike.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
I like the JEM 7string. I was wondering for years why they didn't make one earlier. I'm not getting one though. Playing deathcore on that guitar would be just as worse as getting a Squire Hello Kitty strat.

I hate what they did to the new greendot UV model. 5 piece neck with walnut, made in Indonesia :nuts: It's not even a prestige model. Ridiculous.

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
This humongous pic makes it look a lot like a regular photo, though. If this is a mockup then it's by far the very best I ever saw.

If anything that photo is a perfect example of how its been edited. Look at
the output jack route and the top edge of the cutaways. noticed how glossy it is and the rest of the guitar isn't? They have removed the high gloss reflections to try and show the wood grain.
That photo looks terrible on my monitor

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
The left side of the gutar's fake binding isn't quite right.
1OpTi

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
I agree that design wise, it is severely lacking in some decent aesthetic quality, but there are some instruments it looks good on, like the ESP Eclipse, or imagine it on that new RGD :)

i could imagine it on the new RGD, and i still think the tight end R would suit it better

Status
Not open for further replies.
')