Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
Can we get a recap of what will be released? I can't be the only one who really doesn't want to scroll through 70+ pages just to see about 10 pictures.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Eastman's offered 7-string archtops in the 2-3k range for a while now. Various luthiers offer 7-string archtops with varying levels of appointments and according prices. If he'd wanted a cheaper archtop, he could have gotten one. Eastmans are in an entirely different league from the new $800 Ibanez, and a $20k custom-built archtop is in quite another league altogether.

You're right, the Ibanez is clearly the best ever.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Still only EMG 808's on the Ibanez RG2228M? I thought they would be 808x at that price range?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
You could sell em and buy the fuckin' 808xs... And if they have quick connect you have like 10 secs of work to do.

Or you could just put Laces in it... :D

bcfox

Reaction score
I would LOVE to get piezo's on it and use it as an acoustic-electric (especially since no one makes a 7-string acoustic under $2k), not sure how much of a pain it will be though.

There's no control cavity so everything will have to be done through the F holes. Not impossible, but it wouldn't be fun in my opinion. The bridge is rosewood so you could route it to drop in some inserts, I would think.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
I'm also uber excited for the new 7-string artcore! I couldn't find it in the European catalog and thought I missed something. I agree that they're probably mini-humbuckers. Perhaps Kent Armstrong pups.
Kent Armstrong® Jazz Guitar Pickups
They look very similar to the George Benson sig pups. Ibanez is hitting the ground running this year for sure. It will be interesting to see how other companies react to these models assuming these newer incorporations are successful (which I assume/hope they will be).

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
There's no control cavity so everything will have to be done through the F holes. Not impossible, but it wouldn't be fun in my opinion. The bridge is rosewood so you could route it to drop in some inserts, I would think.

It might be a bit more awkward than that, by the looks of it. That at very least looks to be neither a ToM nor an acoustic-style saddle, so I don't know that there are any ready-made drop-in piezo saddles for it (least of all for a seven string). You could swap it out for a ToM, but that might take some minor doing, since the rosewood base on it looks to be one that's held in place only by the tension of the strings, or maybe some glue, so freshly drilled holes would be in order. Whatever the case, it seems like it'd be a bit more of a bear than a simple drop-in mod.

That aside, godDAMN, do I ever want one of those. Especially at that price. Shit. I really hope a few make their way here to Korea.

LordHar

Reaction score
With the reintroduction of the Artist models last year, I was kinda hoping they would expand on the line, or at least bring them to Europe. So far I haven't seen anything like that.

chris9

Reaction score
some super guitars coming out been saving all year to get something nice so not long to wait now

Status
Not open for further replies.

')