Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drjeffreyodweyer

Reaction score
Yes and no. A well paid chinese employee will likely get better result than a poorly paid US employee...and still cost waaaay less. The problem comes when all the corrners are cut and the work is done by poorly paid employees using second grade tools. Whether they be in china or somelace else the guitars are gonna endup bad.

This.
Sorry, the whole thing about china is a myth. I work in quality management. Yes, products from china can be bad. Yes, amerincan products can be bad. Both can be good as well. Ive seen both cases.

jtm45

Reaction score
So is this for real ?:scratch: I saw it on a site listed as a NAMM sneak peak (listed as a JEM7V7-WH with a UK RRP of £2499!!!!) and thought someone had been at a Jem7vwh with photoshop.

steve-vai1.jpg

Not my cup of tea at all!!! If they were gonna' go down the 'new' white 7 road then a reissue/revamped version of the UV7PWH would have been an infinitely better idea i reckon.

jtm45

Reaction score
Well it IS a JEM not a universe.

Sorry but when did i say it wasn't a Jem and was a UV and for that matter a 7-string Jem is for all intents and purposes a UV with a monkey-grip cut in the body surely anyway ?
I personally don't think the same people who like the design/style of a Jem 7vwh are going to want it in a 7-string version.

Don't bother cutting out the monkey grip, put cosmo hardware on it, pyramid inlays instead of that viiiine (not a fan of vines sorry) and a plain white pickguard and then you'd be talking about something much. much cooler and way more desirable to the average 7-string Ibanez fan!:yesway:

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
Sorry but when did i say it wasn't a Jem and was a UV and for that matter a 7-string Jem is for all intents and purposes a UV with a monkey-grip cut in the body surely anyway ?
I personally don't think the same people who like the design/style of a Jem 7vwh are going to want it in a 7-string version.

Don't bother cutting out the monkey grip, put cosmo hardware on it, pyramid inlays instead of that viiiine (not a fan of vines sorry) and a plain white pickguard and then you'd be talking about something much. much cooler and way more desirable to the average 7-string Ibanez fan!:yesway:

OMG you're so right, they almost had it! Silly Ibanez!

Trololololol

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score

1. I do

2. Meh, I'll just buy an old PWH if I want that.

3. Narr

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
This thread needs more premium greendot hype.

ahem...

WOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

But seriously, I can't decide what pickups I'm going to use in this sucker, It's going to be my main melodeath axe. My only stipulation is that they must be green (as close to stock as possible).

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score

Well, you did say "and thought someone had been at a Jem7vwh with photoshop." Yeah well, it's a JEM so it makes sense. ^^

So what you are saying is, labor rates directly effect quality of production.

:D
Yeah, but it's relative to the cost of living in any given country. Other factors come in, such as, if the country is rich enough, people won't accept low wages at all, you need a country with a sizable poor population to get away with it.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score

Don't bother cutting out the monkey grip, put cosmo hardware on it, pyramid inlays instead of that viiiine (not a fan of vines sorry) and a plain white pickguard and then you'd be talking about something much. much cooler and way more desirable to ME!:yesway:

FIXED. :lol:

Given To Fly

Reaction score
That hollowbody 7 (and probably some other models too) deserves its own thread, I almost missed it. Come on mods, we don't all have time or interest to comb through a billion posts looking for info :lol:

Screw the JEM, I'm buying the hollowbody. Though I would have preferred a smaller semi-hollow, I will buy one if for no other reason than to support the idea of non-metal 7-strings.

Link for other people who missed it:

Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AFJ957 7-String Hollowbody Electric Guitar | GuitarCenter

Ibanez AFJ957 Hollowbody - $800 at GC.

DV016_Jpg_Large_1352132364092_A.jpg

Wow! I'm going to buy this. I missed out on the last one and have always regretted it.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
SO WAIT.. Some one, please tell me this.. Are they reissuing the fuckin UV7BK?

Sorta. It isn't a complete "re-issue" but it is a premium series with a different bridge and an AANJ neck joint and it isn't MIJ. If that doesn't bother you (doesn't bother me), then it is definitely a cool option to take a look at if you can't hunt down a UV7BK in pristine condition. I would just call it a look-alike.

:2c:

if you go back several pages...there was a heated debate about it and it got very ugly :lol:

Andrewsonfire

Reaction score
I had a chance to get a couple uv7bk's but i can't get pass the thought of spending 1200 dollars on a guitar with dings. As much as i love it, i cant do it. I can't wait to play this guitar.

timbucktu123

Reaction score
played an iron label rg today and evern though the setup was terrible(i liteally came right out of the box from transit) it played great with a proper setup they can compete with prestiges easily

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
All I know is, somebody better post some pics from NAMM!!! :pray::pray::pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')