Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordHar

Reaction score
I REALLY like this one, the only change I would (will be :) ) making is installing passive pickups.

0a3236_RGIR28FE-BK%20Produktbild.jpg

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Damn that black Iron Label is exactly what I'd want for my first 8-stringer, and with an 855€ MRSP it might just happen.

That being said, that toggle switch could be the same crappy RGA8 EQ thingy. Putting a tone pot in there, or even a second volume, would be in the plans.

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Damn that black Iron Label is exactly what I'd want for my first 8-stringer, and with an 855€ MRSP it might just happen.

That being said, that toggle switch could be the same crappy RGA8 EQ thingy. Putting a tone pot in there, or even a second volume, would be in the plans.

It's a killswitch brah..

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score

The chrome toggle is a killswitch :yesway:

DC23

Reaction score
Is it a rosewood fretboard on the 7V7?? I think if they're gonna charge that amount atleast throw an ebony fretboard on it like the original!

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Well thats the end of my Jem 7V7 GAS.

Well its about right I guess as its around the £2000 mark for the current 6 string version so £2499 or so is about right for the UK

Def agree I wish it was bl00dy cheaper as £2500 is way too rich for my blood and I really was lusting after one since seeing the pic....:wallbash:

Ayo7e

ralugeR gro.ss
Reaction score
shitsøn;3375108 said:
Well, you can clearly see it. It is level with the saddles, while the low profile versions edges are lower:

5318ba_RGIR28FE-BK%20Content%20Objekt1.jpg

It isn't in the level with the saddles, look at the top screw, you can't see it 100%.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
It isn't in the level with the saddles, look at the top screw, you can't see it 100%.
It is not in this one, because it is the 8-string version. The 7-sring version I posted earlier along the statement has edges that are level with the saddles. Just compare the two photos.

Ayo7e

ralugeR gro.ss
Reaction score
shitsøn;3375244 said:
It is not in this one, because it is the 8-string version. The 7-sring version I posted earlier along the statement has edges that are level with the saddles. Just compare the two photos.

Thats true.:wallbash:

Why Ibanez why...

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
no news anywhere of whether or not the rg7421/7420 will be released in Europe, but hopefully if they're not releasing them now, they'll release them later in the year.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
**Cynic mode enabled**

Does Vai get royalties from UV sales? Perhaps the Jem7V7 is him seeing the increased demand for 7's and trying to cash in... Can't blame him if so.

Yep, he does. If he were trying to cash in on 7's, he would have done that in the late 90's when they first took off. Instead, he went the complete opposite direction and stopped playing them all together.

The 7-string JEM is just something many, many, many JEM/UV fans have wanted for a long time. Go over to the Jemsite.com forums and go over the OLD posts (because of course, now that it's out, people have to bitch), there's a lot of people asking for a 7-string JEM.

And as far as the JEM7V7 getting rosewood instead of ebony, the 6-string version only had ebony boards from 93-04', Vai switched them to rosewood after that. I most likely won't be getting the JEM7V7 just because it doesn't have an ebony board. I'd rather make one that'll match it's 6-string older brother I've had for 16 years.

Mr GriND

Reaction score
Thank you, shitson and HeHasTheJazzHands for putting the images of my posts because with me it does not still work!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yep, he does. If he were trying to cash in on 7's, he would have done that in the late 90's when they first took off. Instead, he went the complete opposite direction and stopped playing them all together.

The 7-string JEM is just something many, many, many JEM/UV fans have wanted for a long time. Go over to the Jemsite.com forums and go over the OLD posts (because of course, now that it's out, people have to bitch), there's a lot of people asking for a 7-string JEM.

And as far as the JEM7V7 getting rosewood instead of ebony, the 6-string version only had ebony boards from 93-04', Vai switched them to rosewood after that. I most likely won't be getting the JEM7V7 just because it doesn't have an ebony board. I'd rather make one that'll match it's 6-string older brother I've had for 16 years.

I think when you're talking about an alder body/maple neck guitar, the rosewood actually will help the tone balance out more. The JEM7V7 is identical in specs to my APEX100 and the APEX100 is one of the best sounding Ibanez guitars ever made, in my opinion. And the rosewood they use is pitch black, I think its actually better off being ebony. Alder+maple+ebony is pretty bright.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I think when you're talking about an alder body/maple neck guitar, the rosewood actually will help the tone balance out more. The JEM7V7 is identical in specs to my APEX100 and the APEX100 is one of the best sounding Ibanez guitars ever made, in my opinion. And the rosewood they use is pitch black, I think its actually better off being ebony. Alder+maple+ebony is pretty bright.

Yngwie says the same thing about his strats. The maple boards look better but the rosewood boards sound better.

If all Ibanez guitars came with ebony and only a couple rare models had rosewood, then everyone would bitch about them not using enough rosewood :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')