Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Holy shit Ibanez, what a year this is gonna be! That S8QM will be MIIIIINE. And the RGD2127FX is the price is not insane :nuts: Do we know if it is coming to the UK/EU?

EDIT : Nevermind, here it is! http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-an...7-String-Electric-Guitar-Invisible-Shadow/P54

£985. A bit better than expected, still skeptical though. Can I ask, would the difference in quality between the RGD7421 and prestige RGD2127FX really be worth the difference of over £500?

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
Holy shit Ibanez, what a year this is gonna be! That S8QM will be MIIIIINE. And the RGD2127FX is the price is not insane :nuts: Do we know if it is coming to the UK/EU?

EDIT : Nevermind, here it is! Ibanez RGD2127FX 7-String Electric Guitar, Invisible Shadow at Gear4Music.com

£985. A bit better than expected, still skeptical though. Can I ask, would the difference in quality between the RGD7421 and prestige RGD2127FX really be worth the difference of over £500?
I'd get an original RG7421 personally if you don't mind losing the extra scale length. With that you'd be getting a prestige version of the RGD7421 for less than the cost of the RGD7421. I love my prestige Ibanez's but I'd find it hard to justify £1k+ for them. Especially since they really don't hold 2nd hand value at all. At least if you buy a 2nd hand MIJ guitar you are not seeing your money going down the drain with depreciation.

If you want a shot of my prestige's (6 string) or my customs (which are better priced than you think and a very attractive option compared to the 2127) give me a shout since you are in the same city.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
What's all this talk about a 7-string Iceman? Is there ANY evidence of such awesomeness being released?

Also, anything about the RG2727 I so desperately want... :(

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just had a look at the 2013 Ibanez print catalog. You guys are going to flip. So good! This is by far the most impressive year probably in their history in terms of sheer volume of cool new stuff, especially 7s and 8s. Especially after last year when they basically did nothing.

J-Customs, Prestiges, Signatures, Iron Labels, Premiums, cheapies, etc. Mostly all redesigned and done right. So many of the models I hated from previous years phased out. Very encouraging. If you're a Saber fan, you'll be very happy in 2013. Got to be like 1209730923702973 new Saber 6s 7s and 8s this year haha.

I have to say the Tosin Abasi 8-string model looks corny as hell, but other than that everything looks real solid. There's about 4=5 guitars I spotted in the catalog that I'm gassing hard over. A lot of models people have been clamoring for are present and accounted for, and with specs that will likely make you happy. Many of the cheapies have real DiMarzios or EMGs in it, binding, improved bridges, etc. Cool. It only took them 20 years, but it seems theyve been listening to their customers.

What's all this talk about a 7-string Iceman? Is there ANY evidence of such awesomeness being released?

Also, anything about the RG2727 I so desperately want... :(

It's real. I gazed upon it with my own two eyes mere moments ago. It looks amazing. People will be happy with it. There's no RG2727 for the US market. There is however a different model available, if you change one digit in that model number there you have it. ;)

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
God damn! I had my mind all made up about what my new 7 would be this year, but Nick's gotta be a big tease and hint at new stuff :lol:
I guess I just need to wait and see. NAMM needs to hurry up!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is seriously fucking killing me...... Gotta know what exactly this new Munky sig is!!?!?

Theres no new Munky sig. The Apex100 is back for another year, as well as the Apex II.

dres_x

Reaction score
If you're a Saber fan, you'll be very happy in 2013. Got to be like 1209730923702973 new Saber 6s 7s and 8s this year haha.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
but...all these new models but no maple boards or reversed headstocks? GRRRR

dres_x

Reaction score
Just noticed a new color for the S5470!
preview.jpg

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
There's no RG2727 for the US market. There is however a different model available, if you change one digit in that model number there you have it. ;)

Are they seriously bringing back the RG2027?!?! THat would be the most awesome thing ever! :bowdown:

It looks like Ibanez is going to make me take a loan from the bank this year.... :lol:

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Are they seriously bringing back the RG2027?!?! THat would be the most awesome thing ever! :bowdown:

It looks like Ibanez is going to make me take a loan from the bank this year.... :lol:

Or its a 2721/2720 6 string. I could see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')