Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifklirarn

SikTh Addict
Reaction score
The vast majority of Prestige models this year have real DiMarzios or EMGs too. Any other year I'd agree with you, but not this time. Keep in mind there are still many models that have not leaked yet (to the best of my knowledge).

Yeah but compare the Prestige S7 to the Iron Label S7. Even though they're PAF 7's they're still most likely better than the ones in the prestige. Just giving an example. But after all, the tone is in the hands, right? ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah but compare the Prestige S7 to the Iron Label S7. Even though they're PAF 7's they're still most likely better than the ones in the prestige. Just giving an example. But after all, the tone is in the hands, right? ;)

Yeah of course I agree every $700+ Ibanez should have high-end pickups in it. Just saying the Saber 7 Prestige is an abberation this year, if you saw the catalog most models have either DiMarzios or EMGs now.

ifklirarn

SikTh Addict
Reaction score
Yeah of course I agree every $700+ Ibanez should have high-end pickups in it. Just saying the Saber 7 Prestige is an abberation this year, if you saw the catalog most models have either DiMarzios or EMGs now.

Yeah, I suppose they're getting there. I would love to see one or more Ibanez guitars with Evertune, especially now that ESP made that move!

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose they're getting there. I would love to see one or more Ibanez guitars with Evertune, especially now that ESP made that move!
Me too.
1NTSZ

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't know, I know I may be ignorant but that bridge just looks so hideous that I'd rather deal with my stays-in-tune-well-enough bridges I use now. Just me though.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I don't know, I know I may be ignorant but that bridge just looks so hideous that I'd rather deal with my stays-in-tune-well-enough bridges I use now. Just me though.

About as ugly as the original tight end or current gibraltars.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score

This. I'm not a huge fan of how blocky / massive that thing looks as a bridge. Now if they made a 7 string version of the ones meant to be for Les Pauls, I *might* be interested.

I'll probably still stick with my Floating Trems. :shrug:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
The vast majority of Prestige models this year have real DiMarzios or EMGs too. Any other year I'd agree with you, but not this time. Keep in mind there are still many models that have not leaked yet (to the best of my knowledge).

Any 7s or 8s that haven't leaked yet? :cool:

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i actually like the tight end bridges look, and i don't have tuning stability issues, the evertune may work quite well, but still seams quite gimmicky

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal over the Tight End bridges, they look like a smaller Floyd without the trem-arm :shrug: Aesthetically they're fine to me and functionally it didn't feel bad at all when I played it. The older ones not too bad either, looks more Hipshot-esque than the current incarnation.

Metaljesus

Reaction score
I guess the tight end R have the same profile as a trem so they don't have to do 2 different routings for hardtail or tremmed guitars. Much cheaper to just do all the bodies with the same route, so they fill it up with the tight end R.

Just a guess!

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I guess the tight end R have the same profile as a trem so they don't have to do 2 different routings for hardtail or tremmed guitars. Much cheaper to just do all the bodies with the same route, so they fill it up with the tight end R.

Just a guess!

would save time(which=$) on the CNC to not even do a bridge route and just screw the bridge to the top of the guitars, which is what I think they do.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Personally, I think the RGA8 looks classier with just the body binding and leave the neck blank. Headstock would be a nice touch but eh. For some reason seeing the white binding on the neck just makes it look cheap, like the neck of a 7321 but the body and headstock looks leagues ahead of it.
Neck binding only looks cheap with ugly inlays, like the big centered dots, IMO. I think a complete binding is just a classy touch and makes a black guitar look a little less barebones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')