Ibanez 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris9

Reaction score
some super guitars coming out been saving all year to get something nice so not long to wait now

forgot to say it gonna be a green dot all the way it looks awesome

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
The jazz box looks like an actual hollow body with a non fixed bridge. Intonation would be adjustable by moving the bridge itself forward and back. A TOM wouldn't work here because there is nothing to screw it into (Gibson ES335 and similar are semi hollow; they have a solid slab of wood running from the neck to the end block so a TOM can work on these).

bcfox

Reaction score
The jazz box looks like an actual hollow body with a non fixed bridge. Intonation would be adjustable by moving the bridge itself forward and back. A TOM wouldn't work here because there is nothing to screw it into (Gibson ES335 and similar are semi hollow; they have a solid slab of wood running from the neck to the end block so a TOM can work on these).

Yeah, it looks to be a floating bridge. At most, I'd say the bass of the bridge is glued to the top.

bcfox

Reaction score
It might be a bit more awkward than that, by the looks of it. That at very least looks to be neither a ToM nor an acoustic-style saddle, so I don't know that there are any ready-made drop-in piezo saddles for it (least of all for a seven string). You could swap it out for a ToM, but that might take some minor doing, since the rosewood base on it looks to be one that's held in place only by the tension of the strings, or maybe some glue, so freshly drilled holes would be in order. Whatever the case, it seems like it'd be a bit more of a bear than a simple drop-in mod.

That aside, godDAMN, do I ever want one of those. Especially at that price. Shit. I really hope a few make their way here to Korea.

I wasn't saying to just drop in existing saddles like you would with a Hipshot. I was saying modify the existing bridge by routing slots to fit piezo inserts similar to what would be used with an Edge Pro trem. For each string, there would be a hole drilled through to the run the cable and a slight route above to host the insert. It would take some precision for sure since there's not much wood to work with. I also am thinking now that instead of installing everything else internally, maybe the pre-amp could fit between the top and tailpiece.

I definitely agree with your sentiment and hope you guys receive the model, too. :agreed:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Ikebe has specs for the Artcore!

Neck: Expressionist 3pc Mahogany/Maple set-in
Body: Spruce top / Flamed Maple back & sides
Fretboard: Bound Rosewood w/ Pearl Acrylic block inlay *Narrow frets
bridge: ART-7
tailpiece: Wooden
Neck PU Ibanez ACH7 (H)
Bridge PU Ibanez ACH7 (H)
String: .011-.065 FLATWOUND (D'ADDARIO:ECG24-7)
Max body thickness: 3 5/8"
Width at lower bout: 15 3/4"
Hardware color: Gold
Color: VSB (Vintage Sunburst)

I'm on my phone, so running it through the translator would be difficult.

Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AFJ957-VSB

bcfox

Reaction score

Neck PU Ibanez ACH7 (H)

On a similar note, Guitar Center took everything down. It would seem from those specs that they're humbuckers. The only thing not really settled there is the scale length.

anunnaki

Don't even play 7's
Reaction score
Only on this site do people have in depth discussions about modding a guitar that they've never even heard :lol:

Chri

-________-
Reaction score

Neck PU Ibanez ACH7 (H)

Hopefully that price is accurate! $700 is a great deal methinks

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
Dear Guitar Jesus,
NEED PRESTIGE RGA CONTENT, PLEASE PROVIDE
Sincerely,
blackstar7
cCJgxN8.jpg

tm20

Reaction score
all i wanted to see was an RGD8 :'''(

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I was kinda expecting an RGD8 or Falchion 7. More disappointed at the lack of the latter. :(

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
I really wonder why they wouldn't put out the RGD as an 8-string. Even in its current color, it would just look like a beast. They were really pushing the line with a bunch of endorsees but never really took it as far as they could. Not yet at least.

Metal_Maniac

Reaction score
shitsøn;3369505 said:
I really wonder why they wouldn't put out the RGD as an 8-string. Even in its current color, it would just look like a beast. They were really pushing the line with a bunch of endorsees but never really took it as far as they could. Not yet at least.
Probably because of the scale length. As far as I know all Ibanez 8 string guitars have a 27" scale except for the Meshuggah Sig which is 29.4

So far all RGD models have been 26.5 scale. They might not want to make a smaller scale 8? :scratch:

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Probably because of the scale length. As far as I know all Ibanez 8 string guitars have a 27" scale except for the Meshuggah Sig which is 29.4

So far all RGD models have been 26.5 scale. They might not want to make a smaller scale 8? :scratch:

in that same thought, they could still release an 8 at 27" scale, and it will still technically be longer than the 26.5, and still in line with their other 8's without having to invest more money in making a 27.5 or 28, although a 28" scale RGD would be boss

it might still come, but i doubt we will see it come out any longer than 27"

we will have to wait and see till summer or the NEXT winter NAMM

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lets focus on what's really coming out and not hypotheticals we know won't be happening for at least another year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')