Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I don't really play 8's too much (or 7's for that matter) but if an RG9 was as cheap as an RG8, I would definitely buy one. How could I pass that up?

I feel so bad for you guys that are pushing the limits, I really didn't look at those guitars much, I am really sorry. I didn't go there for leaks, I went there to see if I wanted to place an order on something.

If I remember right one of them was $499, but I don't really remember. Both were not expensive at all though. Both 9's were.... black.

Altar

Reaction score
I might need to start putting money away... I still don't have an eight, and a nine would be insane.... Long as it's not black.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
RGD and FR with blank ebony boards and hardtails? Holy hell, I won't believe it until I see it. I will buy both of those as soon as they're available, presuming that they're MIJ.

jl-austin

Reaction score
RGD and FR with blank ebony boards and hardtails? Holy hell, I won't believe it until I see it. I will buy both of those as soon as they're available, presuming that they're MIJ.

Yes, they were very much MIJ, and they were very much awesome! I wanted to put money down on that RGD SOOOOO bad, I can't afford it though. :(

My dealer was like "why do these cost so much" and I was like these pickups alone are about $500 (last time I priced them).

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea what kind of wood that RG7 w/ Lo-Pro is made from? I ask because the only guitars I can ever remember Ibanez sticking PAF-7s in have been the K7, Apex1 and Apex2, all of which were mahogany.

So yeah, if they're putting out a Prestige mahogany-bodied RG7 with Dimarzios and a freaking Lo-Pro for $1,300, I am SO THERE!

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
F***ing RG9, so soon all the kids will be chugging the low C instead of an F, feel poor the involved bassists in said bands :lol:

The RGD with BKP's sounds awesome though can't wait for some pics from that, though I probably won't buy it

jl-austin

Reaction score
Any idea what kind of wood that RG7 w/ Lo-Pro is made from? I ask because the only guitars I can ever remember Ibanez sticking PAF-7s in have been the K7, Apex1 and Apex2, all of which were mahogany.

So yeah, if they're putting out a Prestige mahogany-bodied RG7 with Dimarzios and a freaking Lo-Pro for $1,300, I am SO THERE!

All the RG's were basswood. Except for the cheap Munky that was alder. I don't know about the prestige munky it was TBA. Everything I saw was basswood, sorry, that is all I remember.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I did not see any fanned fretboards. The most radical guitars where the RGD and FR with aftermaths and the two 9 strings.

I must say that I'm glad Ibanez is teaming up with other pup manufacturers.
The 9 were quite expected since there was a prototype floating around last year
NAMM 2013: Ibanez 9 String
ibanez9.jpg

I still don't get why they haven't tried a fanned fret yet.
I think out of the big brands only Dean has tried with a very very limited run of the RC.
I think there starts to be a market.
I can't stress enough how I will be surprised if Ibanez don't try at least a 7 Fanned fretboard this year or next, at least a prototype

EDIT
F***ing RG9, so soon all the kids will be chugging the low C instead of an F, feel poor the involved bassists in said bands :lol:
I would totally try an high A though ^__^

Whammy

Reaction score
5. My favorite, 7 string prestige with lo-pro edge 7, Dimarzio PAF's in blue cobalt and galaxy black, $1299.

This! This I like :agreed:

Oh I can see it now. My favorite bridge on a good value prestige in galaxy black.
Not a fan of the PAF7 but I'd sell them and stick in some green Evo's :yum:

Ibanez, you did well :yesway:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
1. 7 string RGD with Tightend bridge. 26.5 scale (duh). BLANK EBONY fretboard (no inlays). Bareknuckel Aftermath 7's. In the invisable shadow finish. Street $2099

2. 6 string FR, tightend brigde. 25.5 scale (I think), blank ebony fretboard (no inlays), Bareknuckel aftermath 6's, It was black, might have been invisible shadow also, don't remember the price but it was around $2000 street.
So the cat is out of the bag. As far as I know the FR is gonna be flat black. It's on my list for 2014.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
shitsøn;3868969 said:
So the cat is out of the bag. As far as I know the FR is gonna be flat black. It's on my list for 2014.

I am literally fantasizing about those two since I read about them. When the RGD came out, I said, "if that thing had a blank ebony board and a hardtail, I don't know what I'd do with myself."

jl-austin

Reaction score
is the Munky sig a hardtail too? any info on Head's scale length?

I did not see any scale length listed. I was VERY disappointed with this one, I like Head a lot, and I was hoping for something better, it looks VERY cheap, and it was like $900 (if I remember correct, SOOO MANY guitars, ya know!)

Yes, the Munky is identical to the black one with the silver pickguard that has been shown.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
gunna have to save up even more money for that new RGD, sadly gunna have to sell the BK pickups, fell out of favour with me, but can't pass up a blank ebony board

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
10. A lot of new S's, the prestige stuff was REALLY expensive though, like fixed bridge for $1700 and V7 and V8 pickups, I am like, huh? They must have REAL maple tops. The S tremolo guitars I seen had the edge (or lo pro edge 7), no new prestige ZR tremolo guitars this year.

FYI, the Prestige S series have been $1,499-1,899 for the past five or so years, and the tops are paper-thin veneers (I have a S5470F-RVK). :noway: Good move on the Lo Pro Edges though. :yesway:

')