Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gossong

Reaction score
I just sold my 540PII to make room (physically & financially) for what's likely going to be a TAM10.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
aside from the crossover 30" sr, has anyone heard about any new prestige or premium basses? sr5006 with neck-through upgrade would be nice.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
aside from the crossover 30" sr, anything in the works for prestige or premium basses? sr5006 with neck-through upgrade would be nice.

Theres a LOT of sick new high-end basses in 2014. You should be impressed.

turenkodenis

Reaction score
Tilt Joint?!!!!!:hbang:

Back on the Korn sig topic. OOOOHHHH YESSS!!!! :agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

MndLeOqgqEny3k-NHFbf0TpstlxGwb9eMHqfjIuWU-9DGOW09bd-6TxCz5s-g8XveqmghhPBjPKe2c0Xx0kEDKRyTNOxE2BwxA=s0-d-e1-ft

ev_o

Reaction score
Ibanez has made me really happy this year. Fixed bridges are not my thing, but I'm glad it's an option for those who want them. You can't make everyone happy but IMO they are doing a pretty good job at trying.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
First time I ever commit to a guitar that's not an Ibby (custom Ormsby multiscale 7 build) and they then go and do all the rad stuff I want... I already own 13 Ibanez guitars.

Need more sabers!

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Stock BKP's? F me backwards, has any other non-custom manufacturer done that yet?

s4tch

Reaction score
That being said: this year people who are tired of the usual black guitars will be satisfied.

Nick, what about this orange RG752FX? Is it a one-off/proto, or will they actually sell it?

333.jpg

I'd really love to see Ibanez offering some _brave finishes like the Kawasabi green from Jackson, or like the RG7620 Vampire Kiss was back in the days.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Regarding two "hot button" topics in this thread (the RGA and Gibraltar bridge), I had an RGA72qm with the original "bulky shoulder" Gibraltar. I friggin' LOVED that guitar, one of the sleekest guitars I've ever owned and the ONLY reason I sold it was because of those bulky shoulders (I nearly had my luthier route the body to lower the bridge so I could raise the saddles above the edges for crying out loud)! It was a sad day, wha wha boo hoo.

Onto new stuff, any news on the FR line yet? We never got the FR420 in the states and I'm kind of holding out for that or an FR 7.

EDIT: P.S. the Gibraltar was (is) a wonderfully solid bridge, as far as I'm concerned Ibby fixed the ONLY thing wrong with it (just a little later than I would have liked).

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Onto new stuff, any news on the FR line yet? We never got the FR420 in the states and I'm kind of holding out for that or an FR 7.

EDIT: P.S. the Gibraltar was (is) a wonderfully solid bridge, as far as I'm concerned Ibby fixed the ONLY thing wrong with it (just a little later than I would have liked).

The Austin guy leaked info about the Prestige FR w/ BKPs earlier in this thread. There may be others too.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Those pictures posted showing the profile of the newer G bridge look much, much better than the ones I've tried. I'm still not crazy about how they look, but being an Ibanez fanboy, I'll probably learn to accept them anyway, and probably own one or two of them.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I think the reaction will change once pics or catalog mockups are released. Humans being visual creatures and all. Overall though, if half of what was posted is true I would say Ibanez did a good job. :yesway:

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I wish there was some awesome internet search thingy...oh well, internet is pretty new still...
Tilt_Joint.jpg

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
It does kind of kill the streamlined feel that the Tight End was in keeping with. I can't understand why they haven't used it.

My guess is that it is cheaper and quicker for them to bring the product to market by using bridges from an existing, cohesive line of 6, 7, and 8 string bridges than to re-tool and engineer an 8 string Tight-End R from which they'll sell a few dozen units.

I like the feel of the Gibraltar bridge (I have one on my 8-string c/o zimbloth) and it's damn comfortable. I like the Tight End a whole lot, for both comfort and looks. But in terms of getting to market, the Gibraltar makes sense to me.

Marchpip

What?
Reaction score
unrevealed Korn Sig sounds like it's going to be >2000$ but I bet it's based on a Universe or their first popular lacs (Head's greyburst und Munky's black/white) since Munky said it will be a 20th anniversary model. just speculating.

I probably cannot effort it but as a huge Korn fan this model excites me most of all.

')