Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlankPlank91

Moar mehtulz than yo
Reaction score
Any reverse headstock 7's or more RGD news? New sigs that haven't been mentioned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
2. 6 string FR, tightend brigde. 25.5 scale (I think), blank ebony fretboard (no inlays), Bareknuckel aftermath 6's, It was black, might have been invisible shadow also, don't remember the price but it was around $2000 street.
237.gif

lucille-buth-excited.gif

tumblr_inline_mmlkowhaoR1qz4rgp.gif

pastor-jet.gif

this about sums up my feelings

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Hey, Nick. I was thinking about this on the way home from work. Is there any chance that Hoshino USA would entertain the idea of The Axe Palace doing a "special run" of Ibanez guitars ala Ishibashi, Ikebe, Rock Inn, Guitar Center, etc.? I know you've done something similar with ESP in the past. That Orange-colored 7-string prototype seemed like a big hit with these guys. If 20+ guys would commit with cash, do you think that number would be significant enough for the big-wigs to consider?

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
Well I have found at least 2 different places selling the Orange 7 with its own designated color code (OM), that, along with the fact we have only heard from one source that has no known connections to any relevant companies that it was a one off, leads me to hold off putting stock in that statement.

Well that and the fact that I really fvcking want one. Lawls.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Well I have found at least 2 different places selling the Orange 7 with its own designated color code (OM), that along with the fact we have only heard from one source that has no known connections to any relevant companies that it was a one off, leads me to hold off putting stock in that statement.

Well that and the fact that I really fvcking want one. Labels.

That would be awesome! Here's to hoping that they release a Road Flare Red version as well! :pray:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Any non-superstrat 7s? Preferably non-pointy varieties?

Yes.

Hey, Nick. I was thinking about this on the way home from work. Is there any chance that Hoshino USA would entertain the idea of The Axe Palace doing a "special run" of Ibanez guitars ala Ishibashi, Ikebe, Rock Inn, Guitar Center, etc.? I know you've done something similar with ESP in the past. That Orange-colored 7-string prototype seemed like a big hit with these guys. If 20+ guys would commit with cash, do you think that number would be significant enough for the big-wigs to consider?

I'd love to do that, but I dont know if theyre open to it. I could ask them at NAMM and see. I'd also recommend people wait until they see everything that is released, as theres a bunch people dont know about yet that I think people would love, perhaps more than the Orange one.

Well I have found at least 2 different places selling the Orange 7 with its own designated color code (OM), that, along with the fact we have only heard from one source that has no known connections to any relevant companies that it was a one off, leads me to hold off putting stock in that statement.

That Orange 7 is not coming here. It will be available in 3 other finishes that are cool though. There is a different model that will have the Orange however.

a curry

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the new prestige 8 string s series. Is there a model number for it?

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Any 26.5 hardtail sevens for the economically challenged crowd? Or should I start saving for the BKP-equipped goodness?

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
That Orange 7 is not coming here. It will be available in 3 other finishes that are cool though. There is a different model that will have the Orange however.

That's cool. I'm not stuck on the orange, just anything besides the other two colors they have shown.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score

I'd love to do that, but I dont know if theyre open to it. I could ask them at NAMM and see.

That would be sweet! I would be the first one to sign up for an Axe Palace "Special Run" SSO Ibanez guitar, even if the SSO masses voted for a Pepto-Bismol-colored Peniscaster Gio! Mark my words! I'm a man that keeps my promises! (Well, as long as it wasn't a $6k Nick Sugimoto. LOL.) Lets hope that this newfound energy at Ibanez carries into their NAMM discussions. :pray::pray::pray:

jl-austin

Reaction score
That's cool. I'm not stuck on the orange, just anything besides the other two colors they have shown.

The Fixed bridge prestige 7 string RG's have been leaked, earlier in the thread. No other ones will be released. There is a picture of them earlier in the thread. The fixed bridge prestige comes in a black and a wine color.

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
The Fixed bridge prestige 7 string RG's have been leaked, earlier in the thread. No other ones will be released. There is a picture of them earlier in the thread. The fixed bridge prestige comes in a black and a wine color.

Try reading the quote in my post that you quoted. :rolleyes:

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
On Jackson thread, everyone compares Jackson to Ibanez. In Schecter thread, everyone compares Schecter to Ibanez. On Ibanez thread, everyone compares ibanez to schecter, and everything else and complains. Seriously people, cry more...this is crazy. If you want a custom, buy a custom, if you want a decently spec'd affordable like you've been moaning about for years, take what you get, which is looking pretty good thus far, and change what you don't like with the cash you saved by buying a decently priced guitar. Ugh.

MrSleepwalker

Reaction score
andertons in the UK are also listing the new models, with hi-res pics. Here's the baritone (just keep scrolling down, the neck will end eventually :lol: ):

42640-rgib6-bk.jpg

>2014
>stock EMGs

oh come on, Ibanez...

')