Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jbguitarking

Reaction score
The hardtail prestige rg's that were posted earlier aren't in the catalog...... Also am I seeing no RGA's at all this year in that catalog?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElasticPancakes

Reaction score
If this catalogue is the final showing for Ibanez, ( which I suspect it isn't..) while disappointing, at least I'll save money this year lol.

Aside from that, I'd love to hear more of the new iron label amp. Didn't see that coming.:metal:

ev_o

Reaction score
I think Rich on jemsite said that the US would be getting the more interesting models. Whether or not Europe will get anything else that's not listed on that leaked catalogue remains to be seen.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Update: I was just inspecting our first shipment of '14s that arrived today and I didn't realize all the fixed bridge Prestige models have locking tuners, very cool! The quilt tops on some of these are ridiculously nice also. I cant wait until NAMM or if more things leak so people can see, as whats leaked so far is extremely limited. Unfortunately we are not allowed to post these up anywhere until NAMM or anything.

I'm thinking the BKP/ ebony RGD is just a little too good to be true.

That model is happening, its real.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Update: I was just inspecting our first shipment of '14s that arrived today and I didn't realize all the fixed bridge Prestige models have locking tuners, very cool! The quilt tops on some of these are ridiculously nice also. I cant wait until NAMM or if more things leak so people can see, as whats leaked so far is extremely limited. Unfortunately we are not allowed to post these up anywhere until NAMM or anything.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that all of the new stuff wasn't shipping until June.

ev_o

Reaction score
Depending on what goes down, you'll probably hear from me about the seven with a lo pro lol

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmmm, I was under the impression that all of the new stuff wasn't shipping until June.

Nah, each model has a different release date. Ibanez always has some shipped before NAMM so that when the models are announced, dealers have inventory ready to go immediately. I wish I could share, but there is a gag order until NAMM sadly.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Nah, each model has a different release date. Ibanez always has some shipped before NAMM so that when the models are announced, dealers have inventory ready to go immediately. I wish I could share, but there is a gag order until NAMM sadly.

Ah ok, understood. I had seen a few that aren't shipping until June and just figured that was the case for all of them.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Zimbloth, you suck :) I can feel the anticipation in my bones for crying out loud.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Another lefty who plays normal guitars here.

I agree. Left handed guitars are dumb. I agree with everything you say will shred!

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Me too! Lefty that plays right-handed guitar, bass, and drums!

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
fp1u.png

This... looks interesting. If this sounds anything like a TBX head, it'll probably handle low tunings really well.

Footswitch sold separately... :noplease:

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
We should make a banner/sig image to all put in our profiles.

Start a movement.

Raise awareness.

Anyway. Sorry for offtopic mods. Back to Ibanez 2014. My fingers are still crossed for a carotene orange S series. I don't care about pickups or hardware (black would be preference for hardware though)... I just want it to be released.

ev_o

Reaction score
I usually take a pickup swap into account while budgeting a guitar. The switch to regular dimarzios is nice change though. I'm more excited about this shit than I should be.

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
All i care about is that SRC6-WNF getting to America and quick, it is THE instrument I've been wishing for for years.

:yesway: And this comes at a time when some Schecter bass VI-like offerings have piqued my interest. Not entirely sure what to think of the tuners and huge ass upper horn (reminds me of an awkward newborn giraffe), but I guess Ibanez is really emphasizing the bass part of the crossover. And the output jack angle really gives the impression it's meant to be played quite upright. Hmm... Maybe this is better? :shrug:

In any case, it's great to see more options. I look forward to testing everything and letting the instruments speak for themselves.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
One week to go, faaaack

Someone tell me the RGD is getting the gotoh locking treatment too, I'm thinking probably not but a man can hope

Hopefully Canada doesn't get the cack and we miss out on some of the tasty goodness

Ohwell I can always order from Nick, and maybe get some d-activators thrown in with some gotohs ;)

Latest posts

')