Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Estock

Reaction score
Can anybody confirm or deny the existence of a new Prestige FR? It was mentioned previously, but I've seen nothing to back that up. Very curious!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisjd

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know....

I don't like these gibralters nearly as much as I like the hipshots that the boys at Schecter are putting in their guitars. Frankly, I don't see the point in getting one of these prestige sevens over say, the new Schecter Merrow and Loomis sigs or even the Banshee line of sevens. I realize people like the looks of different guitars, but for quality, fit and finish, features, hardware and the dollar, this is looking a little lopsided.

Do we have price information on these prestige sevens yet?

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Nice to see that they're putting out just straight-up RG Prestige sevens with hardtails, even though they're just 25.5. I've heard so many mixed opinions about the Iron Labels so it's always good to see more Prestiges.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
We should make a banner/sig image to all put in our profiles.

Start a movement.

Raise awareness.

We should make a support group, with coffee and doughnuts. :yesway:

Marchpip

What?
Reaction score
Ive scanned through this thread and it seems like too many people are wondering what the scale length of Head's RGD is. Am I the only one who thinks that its obvious that RGD's are ALWAYS 26.5"? The D in RGD stands for "drop" tune as in always longer scale and meant for drop tuning. I will be shocked to see an RGD that isnt 26.5". Even the 6 string RGD's were 26.5"

correct me if I'am wrong but I'am pretty sure that his splatterpaint RGD7 lacs which he used for the last tour is 25.5"

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
The Made in Japan Artist is here!

I think I just came a little bit. That's pretty much my dream 6 string right there.
:shred::shred::shred::shred:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Where's all the stuff that's been teased? The RGD and Jake's Signature for example? I know Zimbloth said that the RGD is still coming, but if this were Ibanez's full unveiling I'd find it severly lacking. More in the aspect of not having more unique items and a small variety instead of the "99% of things that haven't been revealed". :scratch:

Reaction score
Where's all the stuff that's been teased? The RGD and Jake's Signature for example? I know Zimbloth said that the RGD is still coming, but if this were Ibanez's full unveiling I'd find it severly lacking. More in the aspect of not having more unique items and a small variety instead of the "99% of things that haven't been revealed". :scratch:

Agreed. The front page says "Full Line 2014" but its kinda disappointing. Sure hope they're going to add more to it.

stretcher7

Reaction score
This is a small sample of what the US is getting from what I've been able to gather. The lack of leaks is unusual, but I think we'll all be happy!:metal:

Chuck

Reaction score
I hope those hard tail Prestiges have cosmo black bridges. They look in between chrome and cosmo. Nick can you tell me what they really are?

ts73

Reaction score
Lefty who learned how to play the normal way checking in.

Left handed guitars just look silly to me. Plus it just seemed logical for my dominant hand to be my fretting hand.

Not really an option when you've been playing for 25 years.
As a side note, while it may seem otherwise when you start out, the picking hand is really what carries most of the weight, and poses most technical challenges. If I'm wrong, perhaps all right-handed people should be playing lefty.
Sorry about the digression. Back to Ibanez.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
Ibanez came across as a bunch of idiots for not having that one available in the US, and then for discontinuing it like a year after making it available. On paper, this is the single nicest 7 they have ever made IMO. It could have been even better with passives. The color, arch top, and thick maple top made it really stand out.

Ive scanned through this thread and it seems like too many people are wondering what the scale length of Head's RGD is. Am I the only one who thinks that its obvious that RGD's are ALWAYS 26.5"? The D in RGD stands for "drop" tune as in always longer scale and meant for drop tuning. I will be shocked to see an RGD that isnt 26.5". Even the 6 string RGD's were 26.5"

Its really cool that they are using ebony now on a Prestige 7

It would be obvious, if Head didn't say, "it's just a 7 with an RGD body".

This makes me wonder.. and there was never any official word on the scale length, guess we'll just have to wait.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
The lefties should just pull a hendrix and string their guitars upside-down, and drill a hole in the "bottom" horn for their strap.. Sounds weird but, if one of the greatest can make it work, then so can you!

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
The lefties should just pull a hendrix and string their guitars upside-down, and drill a hole in the "bottom" horn for their strap.. Sounds weird but, if one of the greatest can make it work, then so can you!

Then you lose a lot of upper fret access. You also lose the benefits of the body contouring. The controls are in the way of your picking arm. If you use the trem bar, its always dangling across the bridge. Not to mention Hendrix always sounded out of tune.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
I don't think the top horn would interfere too much with upper fret access.. So if the player is more fond of fixed bridges, I think it would work just fine.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Not really helpful link actually, as thats the European catalog and most of the new models coming to North America arent listed there.

Can anybody confirm or deny the existence of a new Prestige FR? It was mentioned previously, but I've seen nothing to back that up. Very curious!

Yes its been confirmed already. Its coming.

I don't know....

I don't like these gibralters nearly as much as I like the hipshots that the boys at Schecter are putting in their guitars. Frankly, I don't see the point in getting one of these prestige sevens over say, the new Schecter Merrow and Loomis sigs or even the Banshee line of sevens. I realize people like the looks of different guitars, but for quality, fit and finish, features, hardware and the dollar, this is looking a little lopsided.

Do we have price information on these prestige sevens yet?

There are plenty reasons to get a Prestige Ibanez over a Schecter Diamond series. The same reasons why someone would want a USA Schecter over a Diamond series. Its not that complicated really :)

PS: the new redesigned Gibraltars are excellent bridges. Seriously the most overblown topic of concern in SSO history. Anyone who has played them knows better.

Prices on the Prestiges range from $999-2099. Most Prestige models have come down in price this year and are great values.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Nick, do you know if there are price reductions on other non-Prestige-styled Japanese instruments, suh as the Jem7V7?

Mikeibz

Ibanez employee
Reaction score
NAMM is close....! To answer one thing, the guitars Head has been using with Korn are 25.5" scale.....

')