Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Jake? who is Jake?

His face might jog your memory
jake-bowen.jpg

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
:noplease: .... sake Ibanez/Ibanez European distributor, not cool. Think ill be getting a KM-7 this year.
Pretty much this. I'll almost always go for an Ibby over anything else given my history with them but underwhelmed doesn't cover it. Probably another custom for me this year! It saddens me all I have left from Ibby is an RGA121.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I was really bummed last year when the two guitars I would've ordered right away ended up being unavailable to Canada. Sure, I could've bought one from Nick or a random website/ebay/etc, but I just prefer to play something before I buy it.

With that in mind, I'm hoping that when NAMM gets rolling, we'll see the 7 string jazzbox and the 7 string Iceman being made available up here!

Also, as stated ad nauseam last year, Effkay is an unending source of disappointment. They need to make up for some of their more absurd decisions the past few years, and make the entire USA catalog available to Canada this year.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Please be sarcasm, please be sarcasm, please be sarcasm...

I know Jake E. Lee (one of my favorites, actually) but AFAIK he's never played Ibanez ...

So, uhm...not being sarcastic....anybody mind enlightening me about 'Jake'?!

EDIT: wait! is it one of the guys from Periphery? The guy that is related to Petrucci? I saw a clip of him on the DiMarzio YT channel where he had a really sick looking LACS RGD, but it was not a 7 IIRC.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
EDIT: wait! is it one of the guys from Periphery? The guy that is related to Petrucci? I saw a clip of him on the DiMarzio YT channel where he had a really sick looking LACS RGD, but it was not a 7 IIRC.

That's the guy. It's not going to be a 7-string, just a 6-string.

sddefault%2B(51).jpg

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
the RG721 with the rosewood top appears in the catalog... does that mean it's coming back? or just for the eurozone?

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
I love how mysterious my sig is, there's actually a pic of it online if you're man enough to find it mwahahah

But I'll be flying out to LA next week to blam it out in front of all ya'll. Might not be in that catalogue but I assure you it's coming.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
It's settled. Schecter wins.

Neither company has shown off all of their respective new models. It's not only absurd, but also laughable to say that anyone has 'won' already (not to mention that both companies will make gazillions of dollars off of their new shit, and will therefore both 'win').

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
It might be hard to beat the specs, but if Ibanez is on top of their game, they'll have no issue beating those Schecters in terms of quality. Granted, this is coming from somebody who is definitely buying the new JL-7.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't really looked at it but someone told me that the Japanese Yen is the weakest its been in a long time right now. Is this true? Maybe he was wrong but that could explain why the prices are less on some of the new MIJ models? The Japanese prices are probably the same but the exchange is what makes em appear cheaper?

')