Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FruitCakeRonin

ss.reg orgular
Reaction score
What do you guys think the JBM is gonna cost in europe? I'm willing to sell my other guitar and take out a loan to own that thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khoi

Reaction score
I dig solid finishes if done right and that's one of the main reasons I'm considering Jake's sig as it's got a classy aesthetic without involving figured woods.

If I had a say, I would have opted for a non-painted neck though...

I actually love the painted neck on it. It would look pretty terrible without a matching neck. I'm sure the matte finish feels great, I don't think the difference is too huge with matte vs. non-painted neck.

Then again, this comes from someone who doesn't mind painted necks at all. My JP13's painted neck feels great.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I don't see why a satin colored finish would feel any different than a satin clear coat. The number of guitars that have legitimately unpainted/unfinished necks is pretty slim, for good reason.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Does the new J-Custom RG have a piezo? Unusual control layout...

Dont think so, could be their spoil split/stack setup.

31.png

46.png

NeglectedField

Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing. Bass VI's should be in the bass sub forum, but everyone else seems to put Bass VI stuff in the erg section so that's what I'm gonna do when i get it.

Someone told me that bass was gonna be BEADGB. They LIED! It is a Bass VI as I was expected (which I would prefer anyway). Also the good thing about this Ibby to the untrained eye is it looks more like a bass with close-together strings than a very long guitar.

Meximelt

Reaction score
Someone told me that bass was gonna be BEADGB. They LIED! It is a Bass VI as I was expected (which I would prefer anyway). Also the good thing about this Ibby to the untrained eye is it looks more like a bass with close-together strings than a very long guitar.

I heard that too, and I'm happy the site says different because I'd rather not have to install a new nut. Really that tuning just isn't a smart idea. Standard Bass VI tuning would appeal to a broader audience.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like veneers because I'm sick as shit of seeing figured maple tops on every-fvcking-thing. I hate that for some reason it seems to be that "figure top = nice guitar" to so many people, so companies can just slap a veneer on a model they already had, charge a little more for it, and people just eat it up. It's like putting fake alloy hubcaps on stock car rims to make it look like it has alloy rims.

I'm with you, except I don't have anything against veneers really, just against seeing transparent tops on half the instruments available. I used to feel some exclusivity there, but no more.

I had a JCRG7 with a beautiful REAL maple cap, loved it. But you can go to the store and buy a $400 POS with horrid frets, horrid finish work, horrid hardware/pups with a picture of a beautiful maple cap printed on the top, so the allure of the flame/quilt top meaning high $$$/high quality to me is gone.

Lately I would say I'm more interested in high quality/high performing instruments with cool solid finishes.

That said, I would definitely still consider a high end instrument with the right figured top

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
just a heads up, Dino just posted on Twitter that his sig might not happen.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of guitarists suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
It's funny to see so many signature models having reverse headstocks but nothing on any production models. I guess I can't complain what with all the great new models we're getting, but still.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Eh, the reverse headstock on the JBM isn't a deal breaker, but I certainly think the regular orientation looks way better given the overall shape and flow with their body shapes.

Latest posts

')