Ibanez 2014 NAMM Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

katsumura78

Reaction score
Dino sig aside I was really psyched for Jakes Ibanez but,
sLttQ5O.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khoi

Reaction score
The price is actually extremely reasonable... I got a quote from The Axe Palace and it's a solid price. I'll be placing my pre-order shortly :)

$2500 street price, but some dealers give great deals, so your price may vary ;)

and FWIW, the JBM100 will be Japanese made in the Fujigen factory. I don't know the difference with factories, but I know that the TAM100 is also made there, which is a pretty top tier instrument.

Khoi

Reaction score
I have no idea to be honest, but I know people seem to make a huge deal about that stuff.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I remember people making a big deal out of Tosin's 8-string being made in Fujigen because that was one of the really, really early hints that he was going to have a sig.

jbguitarking

Reaction score
Just watched a video on the andertons YouTube channel going around ibanez at name and the uk aren't getting the rg652 (fixed bridge prestige model). Super lame as that's the only one that caught my attention and was well specced and priced.

wyldweasil

7 string Tele's!
Reaction score
$2500 doesn't seem very reasonable to me. I don't know what's going on with the industry now, but it seems like they're demanding a lot more money for things that shouldn't be that much. When the RG2228 came out or whatever the model number was introduced I saw one locally in NY for $1200, just before the price drop this past fall, I saw people charging upwards of $2k, and some still are!

ev_o

Reaction score
The price for made in Japan goods have been on the rise if I'm not mistaken. For the specs of his sig model, I would say that pretty reasonable. I haven't been playing guitar for too many years, but I've noticed that the price of quality guitars no matter the company have been on the rise. Ibanez did a great job this year trying to get their guitars back to a nice price point, imo.

katsumura78

Reaction score
Extremely reasonable ? Hardly but then again I haven't asked for a quote from axe palace (I might do that here shortly). The guitar looks great and I love the specs regardless. I'm happy for Jake and Ibanez for releasing it but where did they get that price tag is all I'm saying.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
It's got a mahogany body, bound neck, top tier USA-made pickups, one-off inlay pattern, "off brand" (i.e. not the standard fare Ibanez is ordering these days) locking tuners, and a full on custom color paint job.

Not saying that they have it perfectly priced, but there's a reason for the cost over their other models. I haven't heard anyone whine about the fact that the S with the purple burst is priced that high and this has more manufacturing costs associated with it. Stands to reason that it should be more expensive. Not to mention that they will be recouping the costs of developing the guitar from scratch with Jake's input. Not saying that they spent an inordinate amount of money on a few iterations of prototypes for his review, but it's obviously required some extra design labor, extra advertising, etc.

Don't like the price? Don't buy it.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Artists are paid royalties for their signature models. This always adds a baseline cost and makes all signature models more expensive than anything non sig. They also have a perceived "ready market" of fans so there is definitely a little "what the market will bear" factor included. With the JEM and EGEN at $4000 List, $3333 is in the very reasonable spectrum for Fujigen built, and actually quite surprising. That's the same price as the JS1200. If it was any cheaper it would be Indo and a shadow of the guitar it is. And as a few have said, some dealers give much better pricing and deliver much better instruments than others. Anybody ordering from the shopping cart at MF is just dopey.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have to make a confession. But I must ask..

Why the hell is everyone so obsessed with Dino Cezares getting a signature Ibanez?

Do you really think he shouldn't have one? He's one of the more influential guitarists of the last 20 years and he's been with Ibanez for 19.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Why do all Ibby threads always end up talking about Dino sigs and the prices being unreasonable? Also I thought the model wasn't at NAMM because the color wasn't correct yet. Personally I'm all for any new sig guitars (ex. I dislike herman lee but like that purpleness) but I'll have to apprehensively admit that I've never heard anything by Dino lol

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Why do all Ibby threads always end up talking about Dino sigsl

Because he FINALLY had a sig announced, but it looks like it may not happen, which is understandable. Imagine if Jake's or Tosin's sig was announced, but then canned. The reaction would be WAY worse. :lol:

Not all. A very few are made by Sugi, such as the M8M.

That's the only one, it looks like. Pretty much every other MiJ is made by Fuji.

katsumura78

Reaction score
If it's any consolation my meme was supposed to be funny and just wondering why it's priced the way it is. I know nothing about Fujigen and what that even means so hey if it's some super top tier builder than cool, but I don't see that advertised on the main website when looking at the JBM100. Regardless I'm gonna buy because it's too awesome looking not to own.

Lewis_Matthews

Reaction score
Because he FINALLY had a sig announced, but it looks like it may not happen, which is understandable. Imagine if Jake's or Tosin's sig was announced, but then canned. The reaction would be WAY worse. :lol:

That's the only one, it looks like. Pretty much every other MiJ is made by Fuji.

some J.customs were sugi too, sugi is the best of the best in the japanese guitar world

')