Ibanez 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal_Val

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but the fanned frets on the bass are the most
interesting/exciting thing in this thread. If fanned frets make it to
the Ibanez 8/9 string guitars, it'll be a game changer for me, in the
sense that I'll now purchase one!!(or more...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Negav

Reaction score
IBA%20RG851MPB%20GFB.jpg

Will there be a 7-string version?

albertc

Reaction score
That black burl looks so sick but I cant stand the look of the tight end bridge !

GunnarJames

Reaction score
WHERE ARE THE S SERIES 8 STRINGS.

Didn't read much of this thread, in "picture book" mode right now.

Deep Blue

Reaction score
I still really love that ziricote RG. That guitar as a prestige with a lo pro would be divine.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
What the hell is with Ibanez putting all the awesome finish options on the lower tier guitars? Don't get me wrong, it's cool to have those options at those price points for those lines, but I'd do some DIRTY things for a Prestige level version of that Black Burl RG in a 7. Indonesian and Korean guitars just don't do it for me. That being said, the green doom burst is tasty :yum:

BigHandy

Reaction score
I would like to ask if there are any news/visions/rumors about if Ibanez would make a 9 string Iron Label?! Im up to buy my first extended range guitar, and I would go for the 8 sting Iron Label at this point, but Im considering a 9 string also. But Ibanez only made 9 string in the lowest and in the highest prize and quality range (the RG9 and the Prestige), any hopes thet they will come out with a good mid-ranged 9 string in 2015? I would really prefer the 29" scale lenght and that extra beef on the plus string...

Any ideas?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
What the hell is with Ibanez putting all the awesome finish options on the lower tier guitars? Don't get me wrong, it's cool to have those options at those price points for those lines, but I'd do some DIRTY things for a Prestige level version of that Black Burl RG in a 7. Indonesian and Korean guitars just don't do it for me. That being said, the green doom burst is tasty :yum:

I don't get it either. The last few years they have been putting the majority of their effort into the Premium and Iron label Line while the Prestige models just get then usual black finish with no binding.

The prestige 7 could really do with binding around the wenge veneer so it looks more like a top. I might get a local builder to do it for me.

')