Ibanez 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PunchLine

Reaction score
What the hell is with Ibanez putting all the awesome finish options on the lower tier guitars? Don't get me wrong, it's cool to have those options at those price points for those lines, but I'd do some DIRTY things for a Prestige level version of that Black Burl RG in a 7. Indonesian and Korean guitars just don't do it for me. That being said, the green doom burst is tasty :yum:

It seems like they are testing and doing finer segmentation of the market. They may increase the prices of the Prestige models they later introduce with awesome finishes and maybe slightly lower the prices of Premium and Iron Label models after they get more feedback from the market. That is of course if the competition lets them... In any case this is all good news imo as it means more choices and better prices :agreed:

PunchLine

Reaction score
That is nice!!!!

Some new pics:
RG7421PB_CNF_1P_02.jpg

The Ziricote veneer on this isn't half as nice as the catalogue photo.
RG927WZCZ_NTF_1P_01.jpg

:agreed: Don't you think? If most pieces of this production batch looks like the one on the catalog photo, they'll all be gone before you know it... :shred:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
This is cool and all, but please, what about more RGD's? :( I'd even be happy with an Iron Label 7 string RGD, seems pretty strange to me that they haven't done that yet but have a 28 inch 6 string.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Still there's no Ibby lately that I find 100% perfect.
I love that RG with the Tight End and stuff, still it has not a matching headstock, which is a must when you have those figured woods and it's equipped with Di Marzio IBZ.
Also, it's awesome that Ibanez partnered with Bare Knuckle, bless them, but they should start using more Seymour Duncans, and not only for Pegasus, Sentients and Nazguls.

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
*i juste LOVE the maple RG 852 blue! Perfection with burl ! I hope it will be realeased here! :)

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
You in Europe too my dear ;) Unless you are satiqfied with fk'in black rG....

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
DS02646276.jpg

RG921WBB

Neck: 5pc Wizard Wenge / Bubinga neck
Body: Buckeye Burl top / American Basswood body
Fingerboard: Wenge fingerboard
Bridge: Tight-End R bridge
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio IBZ (H) neck pickup
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio IBZ (H) bridge pickup
Hardware Color: Cosmo Black

NECK DIMENSION
Scale 648mm/25.5"
Width 43mm @NUT
Width 58mm @24F
Thickness 18mm @1F
Thickness 20mm @12F
Radius 400mmR

Gas attack.

Mother of Gad!

Here it is with some more angles. Interesting to see that the outermost layer of binding appears to be tortoise-coloured.

...and this:
RG921WBB_TGF_1P_01.jpg

(I could do without the very brown wenge fretboard, though. Doesn't go well with the trans black IMO)

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Short review, I tested it out at Ikebe.

It sounds like Tosin Abasi's tone, due to the wenge bubinga neck, very clear. Definitely clearer than the typical basswood tone. The midrange in it works differently than on typical maple necked guitars.

Also, it sounds as if it had a noise gate built in. Very tight sounding!

Quality wise, I think it's on par with some Prestiges they had in the store. The factory has definitely improved their quality control. I tried it out along with an older RG721RW and the paint and finish, setup was better.

Neck feels a bit different than usual, slightly thicker than typical Prestiges, and it responds better than any other of my guitars.

It's on my wishlist ;)

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Quite a few interesting models for 2015!! Especially the premium ones with wenge necks...

Wenge neck, burp top, fixed bridges... looks like Ibanez want to stop the sales flying to other small custom shops (cough Mayones cough) :lol:

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
Sooo besides getting a Tele this year it looks like I'll have to get another Ibanez, oh well :D

jl-austin

Reaction score
Right now, the US doesn't get any Premium RG models, I wonder if they will send us the wenge models? I guess we will know in a few days.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
(I could do without the very brown wenge fretboard, though. Doesn't go well with the trans black IMO)

I agree. The thing that kills it for me on most Ibanez guitars is the absolute insistence that Ibanez has for rosewood fretboards. I just cannot stand a rosewood fretboard. There are quite a few Ibanez that I have been drawn to only to have that rosewood ruin it for me.

Latest posts

')