Ibanez 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shredmon

Reaction score
any actual scans of the european catalogue available guys?
still cant believe that no new rgds or rga7s are coming.... :/
greets

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GiveUpGuitar

Give Up the Goods!
Reaction score
I used to have all the maple boarded 7 models Ibanez made. Now I only have half of them. I am so excited.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
the only things that would catch my attention is a reversed headstock 7 and recalculated price politics for their signature series. as jwade mentioned, a Jake Bowen 7 would be great but probably not affordable. >2000$ is just ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous at all. It's a Japanese made, signature, high end guitar. That's like saying a Porche costing more than 50k is overpriced.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
YES SOME MAPLE FRETBOARDS!!!! the wenge topped 7 WILL be my next guitar. followed by the blackwood topped 6. a new RGD would be coo too...

anyone familiar with "marbled rosewood"? its on the blackwood RG

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea what the "Std. DL 7 bridge" is on the RG7420ABCBBQ? Hoping that they're moving on from the Edge Zero II stuff. Even if this new trem is horrible, if it has Edge or OFR post spacing, that's a step up IMHO.

I noticed that too, I'm curious what it portends.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
YES SOME MAPLE FRETBOARDS!!!! the wenge topped 7 WILL be my next guitar. followed by the blackwood topped 6. a new RGD would be coo too...

anyone familiar with "marbled rosewood"? its on the blackwood RG

Marbled in the guitar world means figured/streaked. So I'm guessing it will be a mix of light brown to black streaks.

The oil finish they are using on the Maple 7 puts their J-custom necks to shame. Hopefully the Blackwood topped 6 has it aswell.

And non surprisingly, Europe does not get the cool models....again....sigh

The ziricote veneer on the Premium 7 looks awesome but we are missing most of the better US models.

Reaction score
Nobody's asking because they all have googled the shit out of it already ;)

This seems to be the Euro catalog:

http://issuu.com/mogarmusic/docs/ibanez_catalog_2015/1

That is why I asked, to get your already done google research work... :hbang:

Those 8 string acoustic guitars (steel string core) in this link are odd, they don't feel like the electric ones, double strings, maybe...?

77zark77

Reaction score
That makes me moist.

Capturedrsquoeacutecran2015-01-06agrave095128_zps40c3f524.jpg

The specs explain more than the name !
please Ibanez, stop those illegible references, better have some memorize(able) names :wallbash:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The specs explain more than the name !
please Ibanez, stop those illegible references, better have some memorize(able) names :wallbash:

RG652AHMNGB is a bit ridiculous sounding.

It looks more like a licence plate number than a guitar.

Are these the US only models? Because the look beautiful!

Yes but we could get some models in the EU. You can always just order from a US store and pay the shipping + import fees.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Nobody's asking because they all have googled the shit out of it already ;)

This seems to be the Euro catalog:

ISSUU - Ibanez catalog 2015 by Mogar Music S.p.A.

Interesting at least that there's no DCM100. Europe had it last year, right? There seems to be confusion over whether it's actually limited production or not.

Because people are realizing that a good fixed bridge just works better and takes less time without any real drawbacks.

Haha. No draw backs other than you can't dive or pull up notes or add that beautiful warbling vibrato to cords that only a floating trem can do.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Dude, that xiphos caught my eye. Mahogany body and ebony fretboard? If it's neck through like the other Xiphos models I may have to get one of those.

When I read BKP in the image my mouth foamed, but then I checked the specs and it has EMGs and not BKPs :(
Anyway, so glad the Xiphos is back. :)

Schaug

Reaction score
Yes but we could get some models in the EU. You can always just order from a US store and pay the shipping + import fees.

It's overpriced as is, bro, I couldn't imagine what would importing do to my wallet. But, fingers crossed that some of these will be the part of the EU lineup.

Although I'm losing faith that Ibanez will ever fully expand their business to a small EU market of 500 million people :lol:

')