Ibanez 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Why the pickup rings on the S series... WHY? :( It looks so clean in the one prestige fixed bridge version and the 7 strings, why insist on putting rings on all others ??? When is this going to stop ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Are there any pics floating around of the rg652 with the blackwood top? Thats the only thing im really interested in

Given To Fly

Reaction score
The double locking system is really nice for 8's, I absolutely love fine tuners on a fixed, but, the Edge3 string lock screws are soft and break easy. Replace with Lo Pro screws once and they'll be good for life.

Really? Are all Fixed Edge3 parts interchangable with Lo Pro parts? The fine tuners on my RG2228 seem to turn less "fine" than they once did, but maybe its my imagination.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I can't wait to see that.
When it happens, pics will be posted. And many of them. Sadly, I still have a POD, a cab, and refinishing stuff for my Agile 8 to buy before I can begin saving for this. So definitely a few good months away.

a curry

Reaction score
Welllll it looks like my doom burst is going to be getting a twin! That s5527 color is ridiculous. My car will never get finished! I hate these threads!

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
@ a curry,

did you compare your doom burst to any RG7 ? since it has a very slim body, i wonder if it sounds heavy at all ?

a curry

Reaction score
I'll know in two days. But it may not be the best of comparisons because I have an rg2228m w/ aftermaths and the s5527 will have a d'activator/liquid fire combo

The s series prestige I played years ago sounded massive.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Really? Are all Fixed Edge3 parts interchangable with Lo Pro parts? The fine tuners on my RG2228 seem to turn less "fine" than they once did, but maybe its my imagination.

The fine tuners are interchangeable, though I'm not sure they'd be any smoother, they might be.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
10422945_767070206696643_2630773237394698415_n.jpg

If they unveil a Lo Pro Edge version of this (or something similar), it'll be the first time in over 10 years I've purchased a NEW Ibby.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Those walnut Iron Labels look neat.

Hard to see the trem used on the new 7420, but it looks more like the Lo-TRS than an Edge Zero. That's be great if it is because that trem can be swapped for an OFR. So we'd have a reasonably inexpensive mahogany body ready to accept the 68 mm necks and an OFR7.

Stemp Fester

Reaction score
Those S-Series look nice but will undoubtedly be either Premium / Iron Label and probably not available in Oz...

In a similar vein the new models with Australian Blackwood tops probably won't be available in Oz either.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
The S7's shown above are different colors of the S7721PB. So the standard Indonesian (I think) line. Not Iron Label or Premium.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
That fanned bass looks so awesome, but seems to me like a strange choice... I'd think a Prestige 8-string guitar would be a more logical place for a multiscale. I'm just grumpy though. I mean, can we get some production multiscales already? Like, above-Agile quality? Fanned frets seem pretty dang popular in the boutique market... and such things have a way of trickling down.

Adamewf

Reaction score
I've been waiting for them to release a response to the recent gain of popularity in the 1527m. Maple is always a good thing!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So, I've checked a few times now due to murmurs and posts of Xiphos, but I've yet to see anything.

Is Ibanez holding out or is that not a new model, just a one-off floating around?

')