Ibanez 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
I'm REALLY happy the dark wood/light binding look from the old 721 Premiums is coming back. I LOVED the aesthetic of that guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GoldDragon

Reaction score
Ibanez Prestige S5520
Neck: 5pc Maple/ Walnut “Super Wizard High Performance”
Body: Mahogany body
Top: Australian Blackwood
Fingerboard: Marbled Rosewood
Inlay: White off-set dot inlay
Frets: Jumbo frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
Neck Pickup: V7 (H)
Bridge Pickup: V8 (H)
Bridge: Lo-Pro Edge
Hardware: Cosmo Black

IBA%20S5520%20KKB-Large.jpg

IBA%20S5520%20KKB_m-Large.jpg

IBA%20S5520%20KKB_m1-Large.jpg

This one looks solid. I enjoy the natural finishes, as long as they get the indestructible Ibanez gloss coat. They are back to the best trem they have ever put on a guitar.

Does anyone know if the 24 fret versions of the S moved the lower curve (part that sits on your leg) rearward?

I have a few 22 fret versions, and the guitar sits farther "right" than an RG because the lower curve is closer to the neck. (this tends to push your hand naturally to lower frets) If they just deepened the cutout for higher fret access, but did not move the guitar farther "left", then you *really* need to reach across the guitar to get the 24th fret. It would be nice if they moved it "left" about an inch like the RG. I cant tell from the pictures. That would be my only wish for the 24 fret version, that they move it "left".

Would strongly consider if they keep the street price <$1350. You would pay arond 1100-1300 for a Fujigen sabre in the mid 90s.

Apollo240

Reaction score
7420 and s5520 look good to me. Maybe mahgonay is going to be used the way basswood used to be

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
The Gibraltar II is a good and solid bridge that feels great. Plus it will never have the problem of breaking string saddles or overwound locking screws.

Sincerely after the FXEdge I think everything is a downgrade.

shaynedepugh

Reaction score
Those S models look awesome, but I bet they won't be Prestiges...I really, really want more 7 string S Prestige models.

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Are there any lefty models coming out? Aside from the already out RG8L and the seemingly Euro-only Iron Label 7LBBQBBQBBQ

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Those S models look awesome, but I bet they won't be Prestiges...I really, really want more 7 string S Prestige models.

I guess it's always nice to have more, but they have a Lo Pro 7 model and a fixed bridge model (now offered in two finishes). That's probably more MIJ S-Series 7-strings than they've ever had in the line up.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
if Ibanez made an interesting guitar with the Tigh End R bridge on it, I'd actually buy an Ibanez xD

jmeezle

Reaction score
Crossing my fingers to see a better image of that blue ghost burst Prestige 8 with a maple board... that thing looks awesome. Can't wait to order it!

jmeezle

Reaction score
And here she is:

IBA%20RG851MPB%20GFB.jpg

Body: Basswood
Top: Mappa burl
Scale: 27&#8221;
Neck: 5pc Maple Wenge &#8220;Ultra 8&#8221; neck
Fingerboard: Birdseye maple
Inlay: Black dot
Frets: Jumbo with prestige fret edge treatment
Neck pickup: DiMarzio PAF 8 (H)
Bridge pickup: DiMarzio PAF 8 (H)
Tuners: Gotoh MG-T locking tuners
Bridge: Gibraltar Standard II
Hardware: Cosmo black
Factory Tuning: (from 1st to 8th): 1D#, 2A#, 3F#, 4C#, 5G#, 6D#, 7A#, 8F

stuglue

Reaction score
I know a lot of people complain about the Gibraltar bridge but I find it really comfy

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
I didn't like the gibraltar bridge at all until they released the Gibraltar Standard II. Such an improvement and an overall great bridge. I'm definitely excited for this years lineup.

crystallake

Reaction score
I didn't see this Prestige posted.

Dark Green Doom Burst

IBA%20S5527QFX%20DGD_1-Large.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind. Page 4.

')