Ibanez 2015 - New Models & NAMM Thread

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

weirdoku

Reaction score
I practically split an Iron Label for it's parts cos I hated the Gibraltar I bridge so much. Could have replaced the bridge but the mount holes would show and that would bug the shit out of me. So, I have a RGIR27FE body for sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Holy .... that burl (literally) looks like shit. :ugh: If they wanted to do a figured top, they should have went for quilt or something.

Aaand I saw that neg rep coming from a mile away. :lol:

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
^If the PB's are any indication, the tops generally seem to look a lot better on the actual guitars.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Probably wouldn't change my mind. Spalted and burl tops are like my least favorite figured tops. :lol: And ruining a sexy burst like that with a burl top like that just makes it worse for me. :(

EDIT: Not that I planned on buying it, anyways. :lol:

GoldDragon

Reaction score
And here she is:

IBA%20RG851MPB%20GFB.jpg

Body: Basswood
Top: Mappa burl
Scale: 27”
Neck: 5pc Maple Wenge “Ultra 8” neck
Fingerboard: Birdseye maple
Inlay: Black dot
Frets: Jumbo with prestige fret edge treatment
Neck pickup: DiMarzio PAF 8 (H)
Bridge pickup: DiMarzio PAF 8 (H)
Tuners: Gotoh MG-T locking tuners
Bridge: Gibraltar Standard II
Hardware: Cosmo black
Factory Tuning: (from 1st to 8th): 1D#, 2A#, 3F#, 4C#, 5G#, 6D#, 7A#, 8F

These guitars are destined to be great deals on ebay in a few years.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't change my mind. Spalted and burl tops are like my least favorite figured tops. :lol: And ruining a sexy burst like that with a burl top like that just makes it worse for me. :(

I will not lie that same finish in a gloss flame or quilt would make my money grow wings and fly out of my wallet.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I didn't see the rest of the guitars, but is there any other guitars with that oceanburst? An AR or Saber with that burst would be absolutely divine.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Has the pdf version of the 2015 lineup leaked yet?

I wonder why they don't use the "Tight End bridge" more!?

I always wonder the same thing, the tight end bridge is so great it's really strange that they would not use it on a lot of guitars :shrug:

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
I will not lie that same finish in a gloss flame or quilt would make my money grow wings and fly out of my wallet.

Man I feel your pain. Medium/low output dimarzios, a freaking wenge neck, locking tuners, a Gibraltar 2 (which I actually really like), a nice color... That top just looks ugly in that photo. Hopefully it's better in person.

GoldDragon

Reaction score
Man I feel your pain. Medium/low output dimarzios, a freaking wenge neck, locking tuners, a Gibraltar 2 (which I actually really like), a nice color... That top just looks ugly in that photo. Hopefully it's better in person.

There is/was a chocolate brown version of that top on one of the cheap RGs that looked great, BUT it is only an oil finish, it will start to look like crap.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
The RG8PB looks really nice, besides those ....ing soapbar pickups. You essentially have to want duncans or EMG's if you want that guitar to not look stupid with giant gaps around the pickups.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I always wonder the same thing, the tight end bridge is so great it's really strange that they would not use it on a lot of guitars :shrug:

Me too - i think part of it is that it can only be used on flat top guitars (RG basically). I saw this somewhere in an ibanez description ("perfect for flat body guitars" or something like that)

Either way, its a great bridge

Musiscience

Reaction score

If you are speaking about the blue prestige 8 string, it's not a wenge neck. It's a maple neck with 2 small wenge stripes, like they have done on prestige 7 and 8 strings for a couple of years. Like that :

846.jpg

They will release release a premium 7 model with a wenge / bubinga neck this year though, the rg927wzcz

ibanez_rg927wzcz-ntf_natural_flat_7_string.jpg

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Now if only I could afford all these guitars, Ibanez get on it, I need hundreds of thousands of dollars STAT!

benny

Ibanez RG Addict
Reaction score
I feel wrong for only wanting the fanned 5 string bass from their lineup (so far at least), but I rarely play my bass. I commend Ibanez for expanding their lineup in such ways, but my love for them is in older Prestige models.

')