Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just googled it and don’t get what’s so weird about it. Just a white and black RG with dot inlays in the shape on a cross at the 12th fret.

It's the inlays. I get the 12th fret, but the others are weirdly in between offset and centered position. It's just a little jarring to my eyes.

Reaction score
P1010523_edited.jpg

P1010525.jpg

Is it some sorte of constellation graphic thing at the 12th fret? Sorry, I'm out of this loop.

It's in fact weird... not sure how I feel about it. It's not as bad as center dots, but also not good... those stars... not working for me.

Musiscience

Reaction score
It's the inlays. I get the 12th fret, but the others are weirdly in between offset and centered position. It's just a little jarring to my eyes.

Oh I didn't even notice at first. I notice it now, odd choice but I have seen much worse.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Oh I didn't even notice at first. I notice it now, odd choice but I have seen much worse.

Yeah, it might be a swing and a bit of a miss, but as I've stated before, I have a huge amount of respect for a company like Ibanez that is willing to put out offbeat stuff that isn't necessarily "safe." The Ashulas, the SR7VIISC, the original Jem, etc. They do weird stuff that a lot of other companies are scared to do. Or maybe it's a Japanese thing? The JDP ESPs are pretty out there, as well.

LordHar

Reaction score
Dunno if I'm late here, but I just saw this video and it seems Andy Timmons is rocking a AT'd AZ.

According to posts on the jemsite forum, there will be 5 new AZ signature models, The Andy TImmons being one of them, and the 2019 lineup will be revealed on 1/1/2019.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
According to posts on the jemsite forum, there will be 5 new AZ signature models, The Andy TImmons being one of them, and the 2019 lineup will be revealed on 1/1/2019.

Andy confirmed the guitar on his facebook page today:

ATZ-100 (meaning MIJ)
Cruiser bridge x2
Cruiser neck x1

He says specifically that this one will be a little more vintagey because he usually uses a cruiser bridge pup in the neck of his AT100 and this one he went with the cruiser neck.

adriangrizzly

Reaction score
Let's guess. The 2 guys of polyphia, the 2 guys of chon and sam bell or lee wrathe?

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Marco Sfogli posted a teaser of a new guitar, which certainly looks like an AZ.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
I saw picture of a black AZ find it anymore. I wonder if it is a new addition or just a prototype.
Were you referring to Alessandro Cortini's repainted AZ2204? It's from Nine Inch Nails' Rig Rundown video, and he also has some other Ibanez including the UB804 upright bass, a black Talman, and a LACS RG.
IMG_6381.jpg

Sogradde

Reaction score
Were you referring to Alessandro Cortini's repainted AZ2204? It's from Nine Inch Nails' Rig Rundown video, and he also has some other Ibanez including the UB804 upright bass, a black Talman, and a LACS RG.
IMG_6381.jpg
Ugh, that thing legitimately looks like a gio. Chrome hardware and black finish is a big no no for me. :ugh:

To cleanse your eyes:
pink.jpg

I know I know, it's off topic because it's an Axe Palace limited run but I really really really like this guitar and I'm kinda heartbroken because I didn't manage to get one.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Ugh, that thing legitimately looks like a gio. Chrome hardware and black finish is a big no no for me. :ugh:
I hope to inspire this exact same reaction, in a LOT of people, with my music one day, because nu-metal combined with djent. Maybe Ibanez is onto some serious shit if they release this as a model so Chris can buy 10...well, if they add 2 more strings to it. :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'd be fine with that Southern Cross inlay if it had the proper shape to it... I wonder how many bogans bought it to go with their tattoo.

That’s not the proper shape? I know nothing of it, but I googled it and that looked accurate to me. What does the actual one look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')