Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
610533_main_l_201812211348.jpg
Macassar ebony fretboard, luminlays, mahogany body, fixed bridge RG7 MiJ in a color other than black with direct mount passives. Isn't that pretty much what SSO has always been begging Ibanez for?

I like it. On my list. Can't wait to see more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 65811 Macassar ebony fretboard, luminlays, mahogany body, fixed bridge RG7 MiJ in a color other than black with direct mount passives. Isn't that pretty much what SSO has always been begging Ibanez for?

It still won’t be good enough. We’re a picky group!

I like it though.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I hope they do a lo pro version of the 7 though. That blue RG3070 is the definition of a classy RG.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

xzacx

Reaction score
View attachment 65811 Macassar ebony fretboard, luminlays, mahogany body, fixed bridge RG7 MiJ in a color other than black with direct mount passives. Isn't that pretty much what SSO has always been begging Ibanez for?

If only it had a 28.32” scale length. So close, yet so far away.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Macassar ebony fretboard, luminlays, mahogany body, fixed bridge RG7 MiJ in a color other than black with direct mount passives. Isn't that pretty much what SSO has always been begging Ibanez for?

That looks killer, although...it looks more like Rosewood than Ebony, but whatever :lol:
Sounds like my ideal 7; I wish I played them enough to justify picking up another one haha. Converting from the Yen shows a price of around $1500ish too, which doesn't sound too bad considering Ibanez's recent MiJ pricing.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Wouldn't count on these coming to the US, or even Europe.

The only region still using the older four-digit Prestige naming scheme is Japan.

Perhaps they'll make a few changes for the export market...or they're going back to the old naming conventions for Prestige RGs.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
More like 2008. I bought my RG2550Z-GK in 08.

The RG2550Z actually got a "refresh" in 2015 with new pickups and colors, as well as no more neck binding. There was also a spec change in 2010 for the switch to the HP series necks.

But yeah, that's probably the oldest model in the Prestige lineup.

cip 123

Reaction score
Anyone think they just look cheap? That combined with the dimarzio "fusion" pickups make me wonder where these will land on the price point in the UK.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Welp. Mahogany FX RGs make me mad I sold my 570 this year. If we see any of these stateside I see an Ibanez in my future.

dirtool

Reaction score

Haven't gas an Ibanez for years.....I want it

Status
Not open for further replies.
')