Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
How the hell do you guys play??? I mean, my pick hardly, if at all, goes under the strings. I've never touched a pup with my pick, unless it was on purpose. Didn't you guys learn how to hold a pick? Don't hold it from the top :lol:

For reference:
20190206_171356.gif

I've always had issues striking the middle pickup, especially when downpicking aggressively.

Sogradde

Reaction score
I get it, you want every signature model to be made in Fujigen. I'm honestly getting sick of the "No MIJ, no care" mentality and the assumption that everyone can afford five JEM7Vs and a J Custom that's going around here. It's a lose-lose situation either way if people can't afford them, but I'm still fine with Tim & Scott/Mario & Erick putting out accessibly available sigs sooner.
I talked to the guitar guy in my local shop recently. He told me he doesn't stock prestiges anymore because they don't sell. The only ones you can get are the ones hanging in the showroom.
Dunno if this is just germans being german or if this is indicative of the market but I found that quite interesting actually.

Lindmann

SS.org Rectangular
Reaction score
Not every guitar player is a guitar enthusiast willing to spent that kind of money.
I for one am having a hard time justifying a guitar purchase above 1500€, even if I can afford it.
The law of diminishing returns combined with beeing a stingy motherfucker makes these guitars pretty unattractive.

SSO packed with so many real enthusiasts might not be representative for the real word.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
Is it really this hard to understand that different people play the guitar in a wide range of different ways?

"I don't like a middle pickup because I hit it by accident with the pick"

"What are you talking about, I never hit my middle pickup with a pick, you must be completely lacking in brain and motor function"

I play music

Reaction score
I talked to the guitar guy in my local shop recently. He told me he doesn't stock prestiges anymore because they don't sell. The only ones you can get are the ones hanging in the showroom.
Dunno if this is just germans being german or if this is indicative of the market but I found that quite interesting actually.
What shop is this? I think guys willing to spend more usually go to bigger shops with a big selection of guitars interesting to them. Small local shops in my experience have 99% customers buying starter sets or guitars or single strings because they broke one and don't have spares etc. Occasionally the old blues granddad liking strats or Les Pauls might come in but that's it. Meaning the only guitars some local shops can sell in the >750€ range are probably strats and Les Pauls. The Ibanez Prestige guys probably go to one of the few big shops where they can try the whole Prestige lineup ... or order online.

AirForbes1

Reaction score
I'm also in the no middle pickup club. I could live with it, but it's going to get chewed up. Since I rarely use it (I like the parallel bridge or inner coils just fine for straty sounds), I'd rather just not have it.

It's obviously a thing. I'm not shocked that anyone here has the same issues. Guthrie Govan has his middle pickup way low, Martin Miller has no middle pickup and those guys....to say that they can play and have excellent technique is an understatement.

Last edited:

Sogradde

Reaction score
What shop is this? I think guys willing to spend more usually go to bigger shops with a big selection of guitars interesting to them. Small local shops in my experience have 99% customers buying starter sets or guitars or single strings because they broke one and don't have spares etc. Occasionally the old blues granddad liking strats or Les Pauls might come in but that's it. Meaning the only guitars some local shops can sell in the >750€ range are probably strats and Les Pauls. The Ibanez Prestige guys probably go to one of the few big shops where they can try the whole Prestige lineup ... or order online.
www.justmusic.de
The biggest one we have in northern germany, apart from PPC Hannover.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Its not about jealousy, whats to be jealous about? I would rather have a bunch of LAC's then an indo sig. None of the guys who have gotten indo sigs in the past have ever used them, Marco barely used his, always used his other Ibanez RG's, Kiko never ever used his indo sigs, vai was spotted once with a pink indo Jem at a charity event and thats about it.

I think the reason some are salty about it is its just so half ass'd, like they were rolling out the sigs one after another and just going through their roster or something. None of them look good except the Scott lepage one, I doubt their going to sell a bunch of them at the price they want for them, IMO go all out and do a proper sig or don't bother, consumers don't want to spend that much on a indo sig model when you can get a normal prestige for the same or less.

It's the same with the Jiva sig, apparently she wanted to keep costs down so didn't want a MIJ sig but the irony is her indo sig is still waaaaaaay overpriced anyway.

Please tell me thats the case they come in?

Looks like the RG852 cases which are so pretty :pray::pray::pray::pray:

I’ve spent a ton of time with a couple of jivas at the store. They are easily as good as any other 1500 guitar. That’s all that really matters

I play music

Reaction score
www.justmusic.de
The biggest one we have in northern germany, apart from PPC Hannover.
I've only gone to a Justmusic once and their offering was a bit disappointing. They had loads of <500€ guitars and super expensive Fender/Gibsons but their selection of higher quality modern guitars was quite lacking across all brands. Actually I didn't see a single guitar I was really interested in.
I think we don't have a lot of options worth mentioning here in Germany. Thomann, Music Store, Pro Music Tools, anything else?

Bastian93

Reaction score
I've only gone to a Justmusic once and their offering was a bit disappointing. They had loads of <500€ guitars and super expensive Fender/Gibsons but their selection of higher quality modern guitars was quite lacking across all brands. Actually I didn't see a single guitar I was really interested in.
I think we don't have a lot of options worth mentioning here in Germany. Thomann, Music Store, Pro Music Tools, anything else?

Station Music near Ulm is quite interesting. I´ve never been there ( yet) but looking at the website they have lots of high end guitars in stock. Hope I find the timeto check out the shop in person soon.

I play music

Reaction score
Station Music near Ulm is quite interesting. I´ve never been there ( yet) but looking at the website they have lots of high end guitars in stock. Hope I find the timeto check out the shop in person soon.
First time I hear that name.
The biggest economy in the EU - that should seal it, I think...
Germany is also somewhat the center of the EU geographically. Guess that's also an advantage logistically.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it really this hard to understand that different people play the guitar in a wide range of different ways?

"I don't like a middle pickup because I hit it by accident with the pick"

"What are you talking about, I never hit my middle pickup with a pick, you must be completely lacking in brain and motor function"

:lol: I'm just trying to understand how it's being held to accomplish that. Because, as I said, when I play, so very little of my pick is exposed, to where unless I had the middle pup touching the string, I would not hit it. Rather than bashing, I was more curious and asking about what makes people hit it.

I do, usually, come off as abrasive and rude. Or so my gf tells me :lol:

eightsixboy

あなたのお母さんを犯さ
Reaction score
I get it, you want every signature model to be made in Fujigen. I'm honestly getting sick of the "No MIJ, no care" mentality and the assumption that everyone can afford five JEM7Vs and a J Custom that's going around here. It's a lose-lose situation either way if people can't afford them, but I'm still fine with Tim & Scott/Mario & Erick putting out accessibly available sigs sooner.

The indo AZ's arn't good anyway, nor are they cheap, people are making out like they are affordable alternative when they are not. Why on earth would someone buy an indo AZ over a RG652/657 when they are only a few hundred apart? The Prestige AZ's arn't like double the indo prices either, around a 1/3 more.

I wanted more then anything to like the Indo AZ's cause of that burst yellow finish they had, tried like 4-5 of them, all terrible. Over cut nut slots, very bad fret buzz (more then you would expect on a SS fret guitar), paint issues, all the necks felt super light and dead, like the wood is over dried cheap maple. Direct comparison to the standard Prestige AZ2402 was night and day difference, and the price difference is only like $600. If you can afford a $1299 indo AZ chances are you can get the Prestige for $1899, just wait and save up for it.

This anti-Polyphia circle jerk just needs it's own thread at this point. No one gives a shit how qualified any of us may think an artist is to deserve a signature from a guitar brand we don't own. Just stop, you're all becoming more cringe-worthy than Polyphia themselves.

Well considering we are the consumer don't you think our opinion matters? Pretty sure Ibanez marketing would care about the people buying their guitars lol.

:lol: I'm just trying to understand how it's being held to accomplish that. Because, as I said, when I play, so very little of my pick is exposed, to where unless I had the middle pup touching the string, I would not hit it. Rather than bashing, I was more curious and asking about what makes people hit it.

I do, usually, come off as abrasive and rude. Or so my gf tells me :lol:

It's mainly just ends of the strings ie: either side of the E strings. Can't imagine someone hitting the middle pup from picking say between the D or g string. If you play a lot of heavier music with fast picking most find the middle pup in the way, where only talking like 2-3mm here. If you took a super slow mo of the pick angle and depth whilst playing some chugga chugga stuff or fast alt pick stuff on the high E you'd be surprised how much your pick moves.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Well considering we are the consumer don't you think our opinion matters? Pretty sure Ibanez marketing would care about the people buying their guitars lol.
No.

The number of people who don't buy a product is a dumb way to judge the success of that product. 7.5 billion people won't buy these guitars. They care about who will buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.