Ibanez 2019 New Stuff

• Thread starter Sogradde
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure what qualifies as a "small" upcharge but mahogany over basswood is a discernible difference, even if it's hidden by the paint. Those of us that have been around long enough remember what it's like to have only one color and one body wood to choose from, so if you buy into the concepts of "tonewood" at all, that difference alone makes the Axe run worth it. :2c:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They took one of the Axe palace runs last year and produced it for the Japanese market. I think it was the blue quilt one.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
All these years and so many non-basswood models and Ibanez goes back to the pipe for a high-end RGD.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I really wonder why they would announce these 2 months following NAMM v.s. at NAMM along with the DSY RG 7 string model.

It's a dick move for sure for Axe Palace. On the other hand, it will give the opportunity to many others to own one now and in the future as a lot more people will get the chance to buy one.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm seeing "coming soon" and "5 - 6 weeks" everywhere. Have you seen them "in stock"?
You can add it to your cart from Thomann and purchase it, even if it is just a pre-order. Since they're a reputable dealer I'd say it's safe to say that they are for sale.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
They took one of the Axe palace runs last year and produced it for the Japanese market. I think it was the blue quilt one.

lol, really? That's kind of shitty too, considering The Axe Palace is a western store.
"Oh this model is cool and people seem to like it, lets only produce it for the domestic market and block off production for the area of the world that originally designed it"

Ibanez really does not have much faith in the western market, do they? :lol:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
All the people complaining about the short scale on the Martin Miller can honestly piss off. How many standard/extended scale guitars are there on the market for you who want them? Lots. How many models are there for us people with smaller hands? Not many, especially in that price range. Are we just supposed to just settle for the cheap beginner models? :squint:

Not a big fan of the finish on the Miller model but that's the first AZ I could see getting.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
All the people complaining about the short scale on the Martin Miller can honestly piss off. How many standard/extended scale guitars are there on the market for you who want them? Lots. How many models are there for us people with smaller hands? Not many, especially in that price range. Are we just supposed to just settle for the cheap beginner models? :squint:

Not a big fan of the finish on the Miller model but that's the first AZ I could see getting.

This is a bad argument and you should feel bad.

I guess bass players are just an illusion.

And lisax and yo-yo are just miming to midi.

You don’t have to settle for anything. You just have to realize that hand size doesn’t have anything to do with it.

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
Even though its a joke, Martin Miller has said that he had a tough time choosing the color of his sig and was quite closing to picking pink. So maybe thats what it was! I think it would be a sick color to release anyway. April fools is a good way for them to put it out and there see how many people actually want it haha

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I really wonder why they would announce these 2 months following NAMM v.s. at NAMM along with the DSY RG 7 string model.

It's a dick move for sure for Axe Palace. On the other hand, it will give the opportunity to many others to own one now and in the future as a lot more people will get the chance to buy one.

Yeah, ESP also did that to Nick. He ordered (for himself) that super cool lavender colored Steph model through their custom shop. ESP accidentally sent it to Stephen himself. He loved the color. And now ESP made it a production model.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

NAMM's role and importance is fading and the manufacturers know it.

Companies need to move faster as there is greater competition in an even more ever changing market, and one way to do that is to be continuously developing and readying development of new models.

There's a reason we've been seeing an uptick in dealer models. Why put in the R&D and risk when a retailer will do all the work for you?

Sogradde

Reaction score
Whelp, the purple AZ was an April Fool's joke. Some people still tried to preorder one. :lol:
The DY RGD seems to be real tho.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Before I made this account when I was lurking, someone made a comment asking for a XIPHOS?!, it started out with all caps, then got less and less, smaller and smaller each line that said Xiphos, and eventually just ended with a "." As if it just faded into the abyss.

It was the absolute funniest and best comment I have ever seen. Kudos to the person that said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.