Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 106 31.5%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 54 16.0%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 45 13.4%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 96 28.5%

• Total voters

IwantTacos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You say that as if a Lexus is a good/desirable car... :-/ Maybe in North America, but I've never even seen one in Europe. I don't know what the European equivalent of that metaphor would be.
J-Custom = Porsche 911? Mercedes SL? Nissan GT-R?

j-custom - Japanese clown car.
don't at me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
j-custom - Japanese clown car.
don't at me.

For real.

Could they be more ostentatious and outdated?

They've made the nearly identical flamed top, HSH, TOL, etc. guitar since like 98'. If anything this throwback to the old pre-JC stuff is refreshing.

The coolest JCs were always the more understated models, or on the other end of the spectrum, the batshit themed ones. :lol:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
The LFA is the equivalent of like a Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari 488 or McLaren 720S class supercar.

Standard range Lexuses would be Mercedes C E and S Class competitors. They are the fancy, upmarket marque for Toyota.

We need to consider Merkur in this thread.

1920px-Merkur_Scorpio_2.9_Ghia_%2835762979256%29.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I don't know, looks sort of cheap.

:lol:

Love those. Kurasawa was great at spec'ing stuff out in the aughts. MRG12 right?

13, but good memory! They were here during my first stay in Japan, really waffled on whether to but one or not. I guess I didn't expect a decade of boring followup jcustoms

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
13, but good memory! They were here during my first stay in Japan, really waffled on whether to but one or not. I guess I didn't expect a decade of boring followup jcustoms

Yeah, I forget when they went global it sort of killed most of the creativity.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah there's a bunch of J Customs to be had for around 2k right now, but can't say any of them do anything for me.

My new RG6UCS (prestige) is about to end up my #1, so it'd be cool to covet a J Custom for next time I want to splurge but none I found have the specs or aesthetics I'm after, even if the craftsmanship is better.

That said, I think it's very silly to bang on and on about a certain high-quality guitar looking "cheap". Learn to critically evaluate every assertion, even (especially) when your own brain is the source.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
You say that as if a Lexus is a good/desirable car... :-/ Maybe in North America, but I've never even seen one in Europe. I don't know what the European equivalent of that metaphor would be.
J-Custom = Porsche 911? Mercedes SL? Nissan GT-R?
You should get outside more often lol, Lexus aren't exactly common but they aren't rare either. (There are over 1K used for sale on one of the main french sites) A standard Lexus model would be like an E class Mercedes, while the LFA would be an AMG GTR.

Last edited:

zw470

Reaction score
I don't know, looks sort of cheap.

:lol:

Love those. Kurasawa was great at spec'ing stuff out in the aughts. MRG12 right?

Needs a different color pickguard immediately. Powder Cosmo hardware would be a huge improvement, too.

')