Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 106 31.5%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 54 16.0%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 45 13.4%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 96 28.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
That crystal ice type burst is also strange for Nick.
I definitely noticed different/more bold behavior, starting from that first 18 piece order I did. All the sudden 24.75 scale, reduced body size is a thing, not an anomaly. Not saying it had anything to do with me, but 24.75 existed on maybe 5 pieces in the preceding decade, now it’s all over the top top end?? Ice burst cherry on top, to summon the Fro0t force??

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
If you’ve ever been curious about 25.5 vs 24.75 scale difference, here’s a visual RG comparison. Same stand, roughly even floor, look how much longer, overall the left 25.5 is…
35967DB9-422C-48B6-AB38-BCADA509586F.jpeg

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
So Ibanez said that it takes orders until 21 of February and then it's going to be a lottery for the dealers?
Interesting that Wentworth Music is already putting LACS14 for sale on reverb

What is this? A dealer lottery or something ? HOw do I get more info? Can't find anything.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Its all covered a few pages back, basically a dealer lottery for the 50th anniversary. You had to pre-register interest and a dealer messed it up by posting the link to the public.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I was getting ready to wipe it off the page but I'll leave it up a little longer

Copied so Rich can clear his site off. Happy to remove if you don't want this here @Ibanez Rules

50th.jpg

I don't need to write what you can read on the official site. But some things need explaining.

These guitars are 100% built BY Ibanez! For the first time in history you have the chance to buy a guitar Ibanez themselves actually built. There is only 1 of each guitar, there are 50 guitars, all of them unique.

There are links at the top of the main page, LA, JP, Collection, and Purchase. All 50 guitars are on the Collection page. Each guitar pictured is a link to a page about that guitar including complete specs and more pictures. At the top of the LA and the JP pages, the picture is a video, click the play arrow for a cool inside look.

The JPCS would be previously known by few as the Nagoya Prototyping Shop, now named the Japan Custom Shop. Make no mistake, these are not Fujigen built J Customs or Sugi built J Customs, which is going to be a point of confusion for many, these are JPCS. The quality is off the charts.

The LACS Los Angeles Custom Shop is already well known but has only ever produced instruments for endorsers.

You, cannot just buy these guitars. If you are interested in one you must put your request in thru a dealer. That dealer has to put his order in by 10AM Thursday 2/17/22 so you have very little time. It is considered a purchase order, there is no backing out so deposits should be required, but there is no guarantee we will get that guitar. Allocation will be by lottery using a program called wheelofnames. If I put in for 10 guitars I might get 3, or I might get 0. The drawing is Thursday and all of the dealers that received each model will be published on the Purchase Here link, so unless it was presold like the orders I have taken you will have a chance to buy it.

This was set to have been finalized today but as usual some idiot dealer posted the link on his Facebook page so Hoshino pulled everything down and came back with another approach, opening it up to everybody.​

Last edited:

77zark77

Reaction score
I love (really) that 50th collection, glad to see artistic innovation, but it's for rich (no pun intended) people
People like me go to the glorious past and search for the jewels (digging what I dig)

neurosis

Reaction score
50th anniversary one off. Check the last few pages
This thing is awesome. It will be too expensive for me but damn it rocks. I wonder how consistent they can make this thing from guitar to guitar.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
This thing is awesome. It will be too expensive for me but damn it rocks. I wonder how consistent they can make this thing from guitar to guitar.

I doubt they’ll ever make this one again. Or any of the models from this run. Also, the guy you quoted is the soon the be owner.

77zark77

Reaction score
Love' em but doubt about the same with swirls - not the same magic unless they explain the process

')