Ibanez 2024 NAMM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
For someone like me, a Uke with a pickup would be useful so I'll welcome it and would probably buy it.

Hell, having a 6 string uke would be amazing.

198805_hxDIyFWXWLRIXtzY_110374.jpg
Damn. ERU incoming. Just needs fanned frets. And a burl veneer rainbow burst. And fishmans. And headless.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that's kinda shit :lol: but hey, we were warned. Though two things give me some hope:

1. A new 7 string Premium AZ hopefully means Ibanez still sees value in keeping 7 string AZs around.

2. Sharktooth inlays in the RG470DX. Those inlays must never die. The color is pretty neat, too. My favorite of the bunch.

It's the only two things I'm choosing to take away from this so far, because I hate being lied to like this about having a neckthru S. :squint:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I do like the new dragon eye burst color for the AZ47. The AZ42 would be perfect, even the original black one, if it came with an ebony board. I don't understand why the AZ47 is still the only model with an ebony board.

Matt08642

Reaction score
That 470 looks neat but I'm sure it'll be $1000 here so it's a no from me dawg - The rest... Eh. That 24 fret blue AZ looks cool, but not huge on the black headstock. Better than a maple headstock with that fretboard, but I think matching would have looked the coolest in that case.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yessir, seems that way. That's the naming convention for Premium AZs as far as I can tell.
Gotcha, thank you! I don't know much about the AZ's and have only played one the AZES models. It was decent but I'm more interested in a 7. I'd likely get an AZES level 7 string new over one of the Premiums, but I doubt that's happening.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
That 470 looks neat but I'm sure it'll be $1000 here so it's a no from me dawg - The rest... Eh. That 24 fret blue AZ looks cool, but not huge on the black headstock. Better than a maple headstock with that fretboard, but I think matching would have looked the coolest in that case.
Should be closer to ~$600CAD new but that's still too much.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Gotcha, thank you! I don't know much about the AZ's and have only played one the AZES models. It was decent but I'm more interested in a 7. I'd likely get an AZES level 7 string new over one of the Premiums, but I doubt that's happening.
I've played guitars that are "better", or thay are built better, sound better, look better... but my Prestige AZ (AZ2402, one of the first models introduced) is still my desert island guitar. My PIA is my prettiest, highest quality, and fastest playing guitar I own, but my AZ is the only one I would never give up. It's got a real "home" feeling for me.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

JDizzle

Reaction score
Nothing that screams Axe Design Lab yet so I wonder (with fingers crossed) whether there's more to come for the RG and S Premiums as all seems to be just new finishes for guitars that I didn't mind the existing finishes for - shoot me, I don't dislike the poplar burl finishes. Ironically, I would've welcomed an alternative RGT1220 but that seems to be the only one that got left out!

No RGA, RGD or SA reveals yet but curious to see if there will be any.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Isn't it the used guitar apocalypse because companies made too much when stores and retailers told them to stop because the pandemic guitar boom was over and now there's way too much NOS

')