Ibanez 2024 NAMM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
If Ibanez wants to keep using the sharktooth inlay, I wish they'd do it in the 2550 style, doesn't have a different name according to the wiki which makes it tough to distinguish

RG2550MZ_GW.jpg

edit: fuck it, I give up, every Wiki image is fucking either impossible to embed or microscopic

oodlesonoodles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seems to me like there a few pining for some kind of RGXL 'refresh'. A sig for Jesse Cash would be a great way to do it imo but probably way too niche for them unfortunately

I feel like enough people are asking for them and that two of their artists did their LACS of getting a RG2027xl refitted with an evertune and the responses those guitars got would at least warrant exploring that with the Axe Design Lab at least once. I love my rg2027xl, I have the trem blocked though, so if they made even a fixed bridge version of that I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't it the used guitar apocalypse because companies made too much when stores and retailers told them to stop because the pandemic guitar boom was over and now there's way too much NOS

Not quite.

Companies put in huge orders based on projections, but manufacturers couldn't keep pace, so everything kept getting pushed back, orders piled up, and now there is a glut of unfulfilled orders that need to be made real.

So the brands have to scale back new stuff until everything is caught up.

Some stuff is backing up in inventory because projected sales are never 100% accurate and some stuff was already coming down the pyke as production started seizing up.

LiveFast88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Disappointing, but not at all suprised. Would have loved to see them develop more multiscale and headless models, but no...more super strat AZ's like everything else out there.

Thesius

Reaction score
Disappointing, but not at all suprised. Would have loved to see them develop more multiscale and headless models, but no...more super strat AZ's like everything else out there.

Asking Ibanez to not make a superstrat is like telling a dog not to bark lmao

Pippo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If Ibanez wants to keep using the sharktooth inlay, I wish they'd do it in the 2550 style, doesn't have a different name according to the wiki which makes it tough to distinguish

RG2550MZ_GW.jpg

edit: fuck it, I give up, every Wiki image is fucking either impossible to embed or microscopic
I think they’re called wedge sharkteeth.
They’re my favorite inlays as well.

InfernalVortex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seems to me like there a few pining for some kind of RGXL 'refresh'. A sig for Jesse Cash would be a great way to do it imo but probably way too niche for them unfortunately

Is that really too niche? A 27" with an evertune? I mean it may be... but I just got one of those goofy "Arctic Metal" LTD's because I didnt want an RGIXL7 in a matte color and wasnt quite willing to commit to an RG2027XL right now.

For the record, the LTD M7BHT is probabvly my favorite guitar right now, just wish it didnt say "ARCTIC METAL" on the headstock. Would rather have an equivalent RG. They're just what Im used to.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

RG2550MZ_GW.jpg

I think they’re called wedge sharkteeth.
They’re my favorite inlays as well.

Either "ghost" or "wedge" sharkteeth depending on catalog region.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Is that really too niche? A 27" with an evertune? I mean it may be... but I just got one of those goofy "Arctic Metal" LTD's because I didnt want an RGIXL7 in a matte color and wasnt quite willing to commit to an RG2027XL right now.

For the record, the LTD M7BHT is probabvly my favorite guitar right now, just wish it didnt say "ARCTIC METAL" on the headstock. Would rather have an equivalent RG. They're just what Im used to.

Saito is introducing this new model at NAMM. seven string, extra long scale (not sure exact length), Evertune

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 9.40.36 AM.png

LiveFast88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I agree. I'm not thrilled about the color, but I have a RGIXL7 on backorder. There's a lot music out there that really requires a MS/extended scale 7 string. Definitely not a niche market IMO. Just look at all the offerings from schecter and jackson.

Leuka

Reaction score
I'm curious how exactly does the RG7420EX differ from RG7320EX except for one different number in the model name.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm curious how exactly does the RG7420EX differ from RG7320EX except for one different number in the model name.
If I had to guess, maybe the neck profile or neck woods changed? The RG7320EX is a 3 piece maple Wizard-II neck.

I think that was the change between the Iron Label RGIB6 and the RGIB21 so it would check out.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm curious about this, too. I didn't even notice that, but from a distance they look the same. Will have to see the actual specs.

That RG 470DX looks pretty nice. I'm always a sucker for that color.

')