Ibanez 2024 NAMM

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Is that really too niche? A 27" with an evertune? I mean it may be... but I just got one of those goofy "Arctic Metal" LTD's because I didnt want an RGIXL7 in a matte color and wasnt quite willing to commit to an RG2027XL right now.

For the record, the LTD M7BHT is probabvly my favorite guitar right now, just wish it didnt say "ARCTIC METAL" on the headstock. Would rather have an equivalent RG. They're just what Im used to.
In the ERG world, it seems the big name manufacturers have always lagged behind what people really want. I mean... how long were we stuck only getting 25.5" 7 strings?

I think the manufacturers probably want to play it safe until there is a big demand.

On the topic of headless, please for the love of god no. I can't be the only one thinking that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
Anyone know when the new models typically become available to order? Is it after NAMM?

Stiman

Reaction score
On the topic of headless, please for the love of god no. I can't be the only one thinking that.

I agree.

If I want a headless, I'll go buy one from a company that excels at it. Keep the Ibanez guitars Ibanezy, you know? It's like, I'm not asking Gibson for a headless Les Paul. If I want a Les Paul, I'll get a proper Les Paul. If I want an Ibanez, same thing.

Maybe this is controversial, but I like that different companies have their specialty, and not have every manufacturer try and build every type of guitar.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I completely agree. The Quest series is ass ugly but then again I think basically any headless is ugly. For some reason headless basses disturb a little less, but still, no thanks ever.

OneTwoThrill

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In USA and Europe, greats guitars are made too.
But really pricy! In Europe Ibanez MIJ are high quality affordable guitars.
PRS, Fender, EBMM, Gibson, Suhr ... made in series are about 4 to EUR7000. It's a non-sense. No professional guitar player can buy these but only fortunate businessmen or I don't know.
No one of my professional friend can afford those guitars. They all have a single one for 2K and that's all.

A talented luthier can make a custom shop hand made guitar for 2 to 3K (trem, PU, finishings of your choice). I cannot understand a PRS John Mayer worths 3 to 4K, a Stingray or a Suhr 3,7K made in series.

Indeed a custom made guitar is difficult to sell. But is it your point when you purchase such a top guitar?
Ibanez Prestige guitars are for me, the best quality price ratio I can afford or pre-Prestige series if I can find out one.

Dayn

Reaction score
The URL for the BTB806MS on the Ibanez website was changed from ending in '_01.html' to '_02.html'. Give a few days while I connect the dots, there's a grand conspiracy going on here.

LiveFast88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I agree.

If I want a headless, I'll go buy one from a company that excels at it. Keep the Ibanez guitars Ibanezy, you know? It's like, I'm not asking Gibson for a headless Les Paul. If I want a Les Paul, I'll get a proper Les Paul. If I want an Ibanez, same thing.

Maybe this is controversial, but I like that different companies have their specialty, and not have every manufacturer try and build every type of guitar.
Ironically, the quest is one of the best headless I have played. If they made a MS 7 string quest, I'd pay strandberg money for it.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I don't get it!

Okay, fine Fugi is backed up, I get it. But they only release a hand full of MII stuff?I expected more MII.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't get it!

Okay, fine Fugi is backed up, I get it. But they only release a hand full of MII stuff?I expected more MII.
Production probably isn't as stable as we think, especially with material prices being higher. They might also drip feed product launches. They did a bit of that last year.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Honestly, I'm thinking if the QC is reasonably within "just needs a setup" range, I would get pne of these just as a stage guitar and keep my main 7s at home. I like the Edge Zero II bridge, especially after replacing the the intonation screws with better quality metal. I like that it's just a flat black RG with a trem for a reasonable price.

Leuka

Reaction score
I can't see any differences between the specs for RG7420EX and RG7320EX. No idea why they're saying it's a new model, I might be missing something. Oh well, good to see it's not going anywhere since I've been eyeing one for a while.

EDIT: that purple RG470 looks so FUCKING GOOD

Last edited:
')