Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Still hoping for a J. Custom Genesis line - JCRG7/RG8527 and JCRG-3 in particular. Vintage Violin or bust.

Kinda random, but I wouldn't mind seeing a modern take on the Ghostrider/GR series, as well. I'd love something like Shawn Lane's:

1000000571.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
Still hoping for a J. Custom Genesis line - JCRG7/RG8527 and JCRG-3 in particular. Vintage Violin or bust.

Kinda random, but I wouldn't mind seeing a modern take on the Ghostrider/GR series, as well. I'd love something like Shawn Lane's:

View attachment 134345

Wow, that looks sick!!
I'd dump my LP for that (I think)

FormerlyVintage

Reaction score
Does anyone still care about piezo guitars? Music Man (Petrucci models) and PRS in particular still put them on a lot of guitars, but even with the popularity of the JP and Majesty models, most people don’t seem to use the piezos aside from gear demos.
Personally, I own an RG2020x and I love how the piezo sounds and wish Ibanez would reintroduce the Double Edge (and the Lo-Pro).

Rich, if you’re reading this, do you know anything about the history and status of the Double Edge?

sell2792

Reaction score
Does anyone still care about piezo guitars? Music Man (Petrucci models) and PRS in particular still put them on a lot of guitars, but even with the popularity of the JP and Majesty models, most people don’t seem to use the piezos aside from gear demos.
Personally, I own an RG2020x and I love how the piezo sounds and wish Ibanez would reintroduce the Double Edge (and the Lo-Pro).

Rich, if you’re reading this, do you know anything about the history and status of the Double Edge?
I use the piezo in my JPX & XI all the time. If I could get an RG2027XL with piezo I might actually buy an Ibanez.

Reaction score
SZ Prestige and RGA121 brought back
S Prestige 7 and 8s again
More S Prestige 6 strings
PIA 7 String
MIJ JEM7V Brought back
I support this post.

I can tell you a few tricks to get piezos on EdgePro models... here's a hint: you can remove the "metal insert" and replace it with a piezo element at the saddles. The piezo element wires have channels all over the trem so they won't get squashed... you just need some guitar body work:
1 - The cavity needs some small routing for the preamp to fit in (at least the one from the old models, the LR Baggs' Control-X preamp).
2 - There's the need to drill 2 new holes at the guitar's top, one for the mags/mix/piezo switch and the other for the piezo output jack push/push switch.
3 - Drill a new jack out for the piezo only jack (like the old models). The jack cavity has enough room for 2 jacks).
4 - Route a battery compartment and drill an inside connection to the control cavities

So, if you have any EdgePro loaded guitar, get in contact with LR Baggs and order piezo elements, all with the wire in the same color (all black or all white) and a Control-X preamp. Get a battery box that you like and you're ready to go. Wiring schemes are all over the net and you can direct copy from your 2020X guitar. Here's front and back of my RG1527RB already piezo'ed.

RG1527RB_X_2023_01__net.jpg

RG1527RB_X_2023_02__net.jpg

I use the piezo in my JPX & XI all the time. If I could get an RG2027XL with piezo I might actually buy an Ibanez.
You mean the RG2027XVV from 23 years ago? It's a different guitar from the RG2027XL from a few years back only.
1 - The first had piezos from factory on the LoPro Edge, the second doesn't.
2 - The first is 25.5" scale length, the second is 27".
3 - The first is mahogany body, the second is basswood...

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I forget which SSO member did it but they put some P90's that are humbucker sized in an RG421 or similar guitar. I'm really tempted to do that or at least get some of this pickups for my SG.

Speaking of SZ's, has there ever been a 7 string SZ?
Seven strings were dead by then. The SZ was the kind of guitar that helped them die off. It was around the time when numetalists began to figure out that you could just tune down your 6 instead of all the hassle of learning a seventh string.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
More artists, AR420/AR620

Roadstar Reissue

Musician Reissue

a guy can dream

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My wishlist for Ibanez in 2024:

- PIA with way less boring colors.
- RGD shape with 25" scale.
- PIA Swirl which a normal person can buy.
- Universe MIJ with some less boring colors.
- RG with less boring colors.
- J.Custom 7 String with more agressive PUs.
- Wes Hauch Iceman signature.

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
If we're talking wish lists,

- Prestige AZ with a Lo-Pro Edge bridge.
- Solid colour J-Custom RGs without the stupid straplocks.
- More JEMs, less PIAs

If we're talking predictions

- Guitars that SSO would buy if only the spec sheet was very slightly different that prove retrospectively popular once they're out of production.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
If we're talking predictions

- Guitars that SSO would buy if only the spec sheet was very slightly different that prove retrospectively popular once they're out of production.

That's not just a prediction. That's historic recurrence. Those who complain about brand new Ibanez models are doomed to complain about not buying them once they're gone for years to come.

Last edited:
')