Ibanez 2024 NAMM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robslalaina

Reaction score
An Ultra neck, ebony board RG would be killer, like a 2620 but with a 5-way switch, or screw it, a 2020x reissue. Not that I'm really expecting them to release a RG with a thicker and rounder neck anyway now that they've got the AZ...

Joomis

Reaction score
Yes please to Wes hauch sig

My wishlist for Ibanez in 2024:

- PIA with way less boring colors.
- RGD shape with 25" scale.
- PIA Swirl which a normal person can buy.
- Universe MIJ with some less boring colors.
- RG with less boring colors.
- J.Custom 7 String with more agressive PUs.
- Wes Hauch Iceman signature.

Jackillin

In ignorant love with ERG
Reaction score
I'd love another AZ premium but in a fun colour or design, their colours right now are boring imo so I've been holding off buying a new guitar. Would also love an X-style guitar but they just have black option 😴🥱

Musiscience

Reaction score
I'd love another AZ premium but in a fun colour or design, their colours right now are boring imo so I've been holding off buying a new guitar. Would also love an X-style guitar but they just have black option 😴🥱
This goes for the whole AZ line IMO, the colours and finishes are all around boring. The ICM and HRM are quite nice, but only available on the 2204 right now. It would be nice to see 4-5 solid metallic colours on the 2402.

I'm currently refinishing a Strat and Tele in lime green/gold sparkle, so if the end product is satisfactory I might just buy a used 2402 and repaint it to something nicer than meh burst.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I dunno if anyone caught the Wes Hauch rig rundown last week, but at one point he’s got a production model in his hands (I can’t remember the model number if it came out after 2001) and he says he wanted to try out the LoPro on a 25.5” guitar “because I’m workin’ on something with Ibanez”

I just hope this doesn’t turn into a “You guys were asking for a Wes Hauch sig, so here you go, a 25.5” RG 7-string Wes Hauch sig!” thing.

Matt08642

Reaction score
I just hope this doesn’t turn into a “You guys were asking for a Wes Hauch sig, so here you go, a 25.5” RG 7-string Wes Hauch sig!” thing.

I predict Ibanez doing their Premium/Trial Run-style signature with Wes first like they did with the Polyphia guys/Kiko/Nita Strauss/Tom Quayle/etc. for what I can only imagine are sales/production cost reasons. From what I can tell, people just getting MIJ signature guitars right away is a thing of the past, and It's way more likely to be an Indonesian or Chinese Iceman with an EZ-II Bridge, then in a year or 2 maybe we'll get the full fat Fujigen Lo pro version.

In terms of what I'd like from Ibanez, just the usual thing everyone wants - Near identical re-releases of guitars and styles I wanted back when I couldn't afford them :lol:

Last edited:

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I'd really like to see a Prestige AZ with a rosewood or even Ebony board. Getting a bit tired of the all-roasted maple neck offerings for that line.

mane

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would like a RG8570 with the Gotoh 510 tremolo. No more changes, that would be the best superstrat ever. So easy.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I dunno if anyone caught the Wes Hauch rig rundown last week, but at one point he’s got a production model in his hands (I can’t remember the model number if it came out after 2001) and he says he wanted to try out the LoPro on a 25.5” guitar “because I’m workin’ on something with Ibanez”

He was actually referring to the 27” scale RG2077XL, and that he used it as a test platform for a trem on a baritone scale 7. He also replied “Working on it” under an instagram post of his Iceman asking about a production version. Combine both the above info, and we have a 7 string 27” Iceman with a Lo-Pro. The hype is real :lol:

')