Ibanez 2024 NAMM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I dont really care much about Ibanez's offerings, but Id be really interested if they give their FR body more love and revive that thing. Bring it back as a prestige? or even as an entry level guitar and i'll be happy.

Jackillin

In ignorant love with ERG
Reaction score
This goes for the whole AZ line IMO, the colours and finishes are all around boring. The ICM and HRM are quite nice, but only available on the 2204 right now. It would be nice to see 4-5 solid metallic colours on the 2402.

I'm currently refinishing a Strat and Tele in lime green/gold sparkle, so if the end product is satisfactory I might just buy a used 2402 and repaint it to something nicer than meh burst.
Yes, exactly! I also thought about buying one and having someone repaint it for me, I'm also on the 2402 side! Right now I really love the Charvel raw ash finish with the neon colours in the grain, I have the 7 string raw ash just in black - love playing it, the body feels like silk, great PUPs but it looks SO boring 😂 the 6 strings where they added the neon in the grain just raise the look perfectly, but the floyd rose on their 6 string put me off so back to dreaming about a 2nd AZ. Sparkle, colour shift or something just in a cool colour would be a take-my-money winner for me 'cause my current AZ is my fave guitar!

oliver_p

Reaction score
Just give me a bunch of Genesis RG565s in additional colors - I aim to have one of each color :lol:
Other Genesis retro-models would be very welcome, too, preferably with reversed headstock.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I hope they release a $9500 Paul Stanley model that I'd never buy.
I thought he was with Silvertone? Did he go back to Ibanez? A Sugi made cracked mirror Paul Stanley Ibanez could be cool. Like an M8M for Kiss fanbois.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Did he go back to Ibanez? A Sugi made cracked mirror Paul Stanley Ibanez could be cool. Like an M8M for Kiss fanbois.

Back since 2015. 6 sig models available with 2 just happen to be MIJ crack mirrors.

devastone

Reaction score
I dont really care much about Ibanez's offerings, but Id be really interested if they give their FR body more love and revive that thing. Bring it back as a prestige? or even as an entry level guitar and i'll be happy.

I just picked up a couple of 520s that I'm thinking about getting FR bodies made for, the ultimate shred teles. Unfortunately they play so good as is I'm having trouble tearing them apart. I love the pre-Prestige MIJs.

Reaction score
Im just waiting for a nice RGR Prestige with the typical sharkfins and two hums. Hopefully 2024 is the year.
Fretboard stickers is your solution... I'm not seeing Ibanez going the Sharkteeth / Sharkfins anytime soon...

I just picked up a couple of 520s that I'm thinking about getting FR bodies made for, the ultimate shred teles. Unfortunately they play so good as is I'm having trouble tearing them apart. I love the pre-Prestige MIJs.
Just don't break them apart. Get a neck for that, I'm sure someone else have already done that...

Musiscience

Reaction score
I'd like to see Richlite used as a fretboard to get some jet black glassy fingering surface.
Alternatively, just some solid colour 2 hum RGs. Maybe a Prestige with an Evertune.
IMO Richlite is superior to ebony in every aspect, and there is not a guitar on which I’d rather have ebony. It just didn’t have the most strategic introduction. Come at me tonewood snobs!

')