Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Damn, they have humbuckers for $8.50? Sign me up!
Damn, $8.50?? I mean hell, with the prices pickups are at right now, I'm curious if it's worth trying one of those BH33 humbuckers and swapping the magnet out. Might be a fun experiment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
... and I'm sorry I was read or sound as defensive, that was not my intention at all.

I know saying it looks "terrible" is a bit extreme on my part. I'm just a long time Ibanez fan who's disappointed in Ibanez's offerings in recent years and venting my frustrations with comments like that.

When you see the incredible finishes and specs of older (discontinued) models, it's disheartening.

Reaction score
I know saying it looks "terrible" is a bit extreme on my part. I'm just a long time Ibanez fan who's disappointed in Ibanez's offerings in recent years and venting my frustrations with comments like that.

When you see the incredible finishes and specs of older (discontinued) models, it's disheartening.
I understand and respect your feelings perfectly, hence saying what I said earlier, that a plural opinion on things makes them richer. Thankfully not everyone likes the things I like because it would all be the same AND they'd desapear for ever in seconds. So thank you for not liking the same things I like. 😉

I used to feel like you about Ibanez (and many other things). However, taste (and thought and...) is something that isn't perpetual or fixed, it grows and contracts, it changes according to the wind / will*... and some Ibanez models I thought were ugly when they came out now feel interesting... so, in this and many other matters I try my best to choose not to feel frustrated and look for the beauty in things. Peace is my reward.

* There was a Portuguese writer from the 16th century who wrote the following: mudam-se os ventos, mudam-se as vontades... which translates literally to the winds change, the wills change.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why not make “Jem Jr” version of the Jems with the disappearing pyramids, maple boards, and neon colors? That’d be really rad for those who can’t afford to spend $6000 on a guitar.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why not make “Jem Jr” version of the Jems with the disappearing pyramids, maple boards, and neon colors? That’d be really rad for those who can’t afford to spend $6000 on a guitar.

It's kinda up to Steve on that. The agreement between him and Ibanez gives him almost complete control of his line, so unless he pushes for it it's not gonna happen.

That said they do have the JEMJRSP in neon pink and just discontinued the yellow last year. Vines instead of pyramids, but it's close.

Festivus

Reaction score
A great surprise would be if Ibanez introduced a model with an infinite radius fretboard, like the Vigier Shawn Lane model had. With the incredibly low actions that this kind of setup allows for, combined with a thin Ibanez neck - the guitar would almost play itself.

Attachments

• vigier_Flatfretboard.jpg
    vigier_Flatfretboard.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 56

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That said they do have the JEMJRSP in neon pink and just discontinued the yellow last year. Vines instead of pyramids, but it's close.
Yeah, I had the pink one but I hated the cheap looking vine and ugly brown fingerboard.

ButMoreIsMore

Reaction score
Fingers crossed they do a seven string version of the S5521Q - NGB.Gutted they stopped the 6 string version. Seven would've been perfect. Either that or a satin black RGD with gold hardware. Definitely feels like ibanez doesn't really put any focus behind anything besides the RG and AZ.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Genesis-series S540. 22 frets, Edge/LoPro, HSH, block heel or AANJ (although they’d have a better time moving them with AANJs).
Bonus points for maple board and cayman green finish to reissue the S540M.
*drops fistfull of Pennies into wishing well.
Check your PM's. We don't need that reissue shit

Jokes aside, that would be a cool reissue some 30 odd years later.

I want a roadster reissue like nobody's business

Azathoth43

ל ו ו י י ת ן
Reaction score
How about a J Custom 7 string with Lo Pro Edge in an interesting color that can be purchased? Is that too much to ask for? Probably. More XL's? Doubtful. More interesting Prestige stuff? It won't happen. I'm a huge Ibanez fanboy, but they have been so boring the last few years.

Dayn

Reaction score
I'll shoot for the moon and hope for a 37" EHB. The EHB1006MS headless bass I have (32.5-35") is the perfect bass, but I do want a longer scale for F#0 and below. I'm only hoping for this because I saw a new BTB806MS at a very low price and I want to justify not buying it.

The Pierce Paradox

Reaction score
How about a J Custom 7 string with Lo Pro Edge in an interesting color that can be purchased? Is that too much to ask for? Probably. More XL's? Doubtful. More interesting Prestige stuff? It won't happen. I'm a huge Ibanez fanboy, but they have been so boring the last few years.
They did that last year but in that black rutile with generally shotty flame tops. But I like the specs with the Lopro bridge

')