Ibanez 2024 NAMM

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
New arrivals from July was pretty dead, but August is looking pretty fun.

p_region_FRM350_BK_4L_01.png

p_region_TOD70_1P_01.png

p_region_ATZ300_BK_00_01.png

p_region_PM3C_NAL_5B_01.png

p_region_RG550_EB_00_04.png

p_region_Q54W_CMM_1P_02.png

An affordable pat metheny sig? And it also comes in black?

I'm getting one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Electric Blue Ibanez colour is a metallic flake kinda paint? or is it similar to the Purple Neon (without the colour shift)?

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I'm getting one.
Same. Been in the market for a jazz box, and that one looks great and I've had good experiences with Ibanez's hollowbodies in my (incredibly limited) experience.

Just wish it didn't have Metheny's name on the fretboard, but otherwise it's perfect.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Same. Been in the market for a jazz box, and that one looks great and I've had good experiences with Ibanez's hollowbodies in my (incredibly limited) experience.

Just wish it didn't have Metheny's name on the fretboard, but otherwise it's perfect.
Your mileage may vary with the Charlie Christian style pickup as well. It does a thing that is very different from the smokey Verve/BlueNote recordings of the 60s.

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Dammit. I really want to want a q547, but that “bacteria floating in old jar of Barbicide” finish isn’t an improvement over chameleon matte.
Very cool to see affordable variants in the Metheny and Scofield lines, and I’m all for expanding the genesis lineup - now how about a Saber?

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Your mileage may vary with the Charlie Christian style pickup as well. It does a thing that is very different from the smokey Verve/BlueNote recordings of the 60s.
Not too worried about that. Not really all that married to the classic Blue Note jazz guitar tone. I quite like the CC pickups, at least in video. Tim Lerch makes them sound pretty good lol but he makes everything sound good.

A little variety never hurt anybody either.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Not too worried about that. Not really all that married to the classic Blue Note jazz guitar tone. I quite like the CC pickups, at least in video. Tim Lerch makes them sound pretty good lol but he makes everything sound good.

A little variety never hurt anybody either.
It was just a heads up if this was your first archtop for jazz. Personally, I am not married to the thick, rolled back tones of what most jazz guys are going for either. The CC pickups are much brighter and clearer and that could be a surprise to people who are playing them for the first time. I would liken them more towards the floating mini-humbuckers of the Johnny Smith era.

Leuka

Reaction score

I'm getting one.
What's up with those three screws/bolts in between the pickup and bridge? Are they for the pickup or some kind of reinforcement for a center block jazz boxes don't usually have?

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
What's up with those three screws/bolts in between the pickup and bridge? Are they for the pickup or some kind of reinforcement for a center block jazz boxes don't usually have?

Pickup mount

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
The press photos make it look like the pm3c has a cutaway with lesser upper fret access in comparison to the pm200 though, so that could be something to consider. I could be wrong of course.

Latest posts

')