Ibanez 2024 NAMM

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaas. I have two mik destroyers and I'm ready for a new prestigestroyer
Best they can give you nowadays is a standard Indo model.
SaveTwitter.Net_FZoui7kXEAAVc5r.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This August batch is better than the prior additions.
Love the pink Q and wish the blue Q wasn't a burl top. Wish they would do the pink without a pickguard on an HH model.
Same thing for the pink Tim Henson - love the color and all the specs, but the Tree of Death inlay is a bit much and too specific for him. Wish they made that color on the AZ with a plain ebony or roasted maple board.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Electric Blue Ibanez colour is a metallic flake kinda paint? or is it similar to the Purple Neon (without the colour shift)?
Looking at pictures on @Ibanezrules it looks like a metallic, not color shifting or chameleon like purple neon.
I already have a purple neon and road flare red 550, but that blue is tempting!

RG550_EB_00_04_C.jpg

Stiman

Reaction score
Looking at pictures on @Ibanezrules it looks like a metallic, not color shifting or chameleon like purple neon.
I already have a purple neon and road flare red 550, but that blue is tempting!

Yeah, does look metallic. Bet it looks even better in person.
I also have a RFR, and thinking of picking one of these up.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean sure Jim Henson is good at playing guitar, but the boundaries being pushed from being in a Chon tribute band have already reached their limits whereas there are guys out there like Dave The Shredder reinventing the limits of what's possible on guitar just like EVH did for a different generation.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The only cool Ibanez... and it is time to reissue it.

big_63597f3a857afca5b3d0dd6a4f54897e.jpg
To be fair every time they reissue it, no one buys them lol

...then again they don't really push them. Like they just appear out of nowhere then disappear.

Also I'm surprised Adrian hasn't had Jackson make him an X-Stroyer like they did Phil Collen

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Yeah the only thing that kind of doesn't feel right with Polyphia is that they are now so wildly successful while Chon got fucked by Sumerian and now won't make music ever again

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

...then again they don't really push them. Like they just appear out of nowhere then disappear.

Also I'm surprised Adrian hasn't had Jackson make him an X-Stroyer like they did Phil Collen

I think they just go too "all out" with them and then that makes them a little too pricey. Something more basic would probably do better.

Someone like Paul Gilbert needs to play them and then we'll get some fun ones that might last more than a season.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score

It seems like they always bring it back as a really low cost import model. Maybe Paul Gilbert will make it his next signature model... of course, it will be flipped upside down.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Yeah the only thing that kind of doesn't feel right with Polyphia is that they are now so wildly successful while Chon got fucked by Sumerian and now won't make music ever again
Did Chon break up - or are just sitting on the shelf and doing nothing because of the Sumerian deal?

')