Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
If they offer the 550 black or blue, in a lefty variant, that will be my impromptu guitar purchase.

I’ve been kicking myself for getting an AZ instead of a neon purple 550 a few years ago, but a black or blue would satisfy the GAS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I actually don't have anything against him, and I like his musical style even if I don't like his songs. I just know folks here get so butthurt over him one way or another and he totally does have a punchable face.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I'll break character for a sec to echo a similar thing. He's good at guitar, people like him, he makes other people money, and has a lot of catchy and interesting riffs. I'm not a fan of his band, but I can see why they're popular. I like instrumental music mainly as I get older so it's good to see people drawn to it.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Yeah I'll break character for a sec to echo a similar thing. He's good at guitar, people like him, he makes other people money, and has a lot of catchy and interesting riffs. I'm not a fan of his band, but I can see why they're popular. I like instrumental music mainly as I get older so it's good to see people drawn to it.
I had no idea who he or his bands was until I saw Steve Vai collaborate on a track. I have no idea how he does what he does, but its cool as hell seeing the bar raised for the next generation of young players.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I had no idea who he or his bands was until I saw Steve Vai collaborate on a track. I have no idea how he does what he does, but its cool as hell seeing the bar raised for the next generation of young players.

I do like that song. Loved when they bring out granddaddy Vai at the end of the music video like "step aside boys, i got it from here"

Pippo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The worst thing about Tim Henson is Tim Henson fans.

Just kidding, it's his persona.
I‘m still debating with myself whether I like him or not.
I watched a video, where he came off as pretty arrogant and had this typical Gen Z sarcasm, but in another video he seemed really humble, so I’m still curious, what his real persona is like.
He’s an extremely gifted guitarist nonetheless.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I‘m still debating with myself whether I like him or not.
I watched a video, where he came off as pretty arrogant and had this typical Gen Z sarcasm, but in another video he seemed really humble, so I’m still curious, what his real persona is like.
He’s an extremely gifted guitarist nonetheless.
I'm not sure that it matters unless you are planning on having a beer with him. I think Dave Grohl seems like a cool dude, but I would rather pole dance a cactus than listen to an entire Foo Fighters album.

Pippo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm not sure that it matters unless you are planning on having a beer with him. I think Dave Grohl seems like a cool dude, but I would rather pole dance a cactus than listen to an entire Foo Fighters album.
Yeah sure, I’ll probably never meet him, let alone have a beer with him (he doesn’t seem like the beer kind of guy anyway).
Just wanted to say, that with „celebrities“ you can mostly not judge their personality from a few videos, interviews etc.

I’m also a supporter of separating the art from the artist.

Stiman

Reaction score
I'm always surprised/confused when I learn of a friend who doesn't play guitar but like Polyphia. As a guitar player, I see their music as guitar nerd music.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm always surprised/confused when I learn of a friend who doesn't play guitar but like Polyphia. As a guitar player, I see their music as guitar nerd music.
Same, but the attraction Gen Z girls have to Tim cannot be understated.

Source: am Gen Z

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
That's wild to me, because I see it as the complete opposite. I find their compositions underwhelming and repetitive, but still see how accessible their sound is to pedestrian listeners.

Moongrum

Reaction score
neon purple 550 a few years ago
I feel like I watch Ibby's lefty offerings pretty closely (not that there's more than 10 at a time), but the neon purple lefty 550 I have no idea when it was offered. It just suddenly appeared on the used market and I don't remember it ever being for sale new lol.

')