Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Ah, okay. I feel like dealer lefty runs are super rare now.

I'm with you, I can't do the red and yellow 😅
That might actually have been the last run Ibanez did for us honestly. I don’t believe they do them anymore.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'll be honest, as a lifelong Ibanez junkie who has owned 25+ of them, I just can't bring myself to give much of a shit about anything they've released the last couple years. Save the occasional Prestige RG and Axe Palace exclusive, I'd much rather explore other brands or just stick to the ol' SSO creedo of "buy a used Prestige."

/end old man yelling at cloud

Moongrum

Reaction score
idk where else to talk about this, but I'm looking at Ibanez' line, and I'm surprised the AT100CL isn't more popular:
yeppers.PNG

It seems like there's a fairly strong interest in vintage style looking RGs, based on what comes out of the LACS and what gets posted in the gas thread here.
I think it's sick looking anyways, wish more of Andy's models were on the RG shape rather than the AZ.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
idk where else to talk about this, but I'm looking at Ibanez' line, and I'm surprised the AT100CL isn't more popular:
View attachment 147806
It seems like there's a fairly strong interest in vintage style looking RGs, based on what comes out of the LACS and what gets posted in the gas thread here.
I think it's sick looking anyways, wish more of Andy's models were on the RG shape rather than the AZ.

The AT series, and Timmons himself, are way overlooked these days.

I think they're just a little too "Straty" for the usual Ibanez buyer, but also a bit too Ibanez for someone looking for a Strat. So they don't move too much. Definitely a IYKYK situation.

But yeah, the RG and SA based models are badass, AZ ones seem boring for some reason.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isn’t it a relic from the RT series days

The current AT100 is a reissue of the original AT100 from the 90's that was based on Andy's modified RT, yeah.

But the AT used a 6-screw trem and has 22 frets vs. the 2-point and 24 frets of the RT.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll be honest, as a lifelong Ibanez junkie who has owned 25+ of them, I just can't bring myself to give much of a shit about anything they've released the last couple years. Save the occasional Prestige RG and Axe Palace exclusive, I'd much rather explore other brands or just stick to the ol' SSO creedo of "buy a used Prestige."

/end old man yelling at cloud
I've been more interested in old or oddball models since there's so much stuff out there.

If they offered more colors on the RG7420's I'd consider one, or if they had other S 7 strings.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Unfortunately yeah Ibanez always seems to be experimental or inventive MORE in the past. Not to say they aren’t currently it just seems they were more mad science-y in the past

Now I want an S Classic again god damn it

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like we're at the point where there isn't a lot of unexplored ground as far as oddball stuff. All that's really left is the real gimmicky stuff that's more or less just for the sake of it.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 147806
It's such a slept on guitar. Neck plays like a dream. It's not your typical Ibanez neck; very narrow (40.5mm nut width iirc) and kinda C shaped. It's basically a really refined feeling Strat with the RG body. Love the pickups too. Anything Andy has a hand in designing is gold.

Moongrum

Reaction score
It's such a slept on guitar. Neck plays like a dream. It's not your typical Ibanez neck; very narrow (40.5mm nut width iirc) and kinda C shaped. It's basically a really refined feeling Strat with the RG body. Love the pickups too. Anything Andy has a hand in designing is gold.
Oh, god, you're really making me feel like I'm missing out 😂
I'm so hyped on the idea at the moment, I'm tempted to get a strat and fill it with cruisers as that's the best I can do as a lefty. Hopefully the gas will subside haha.

slippityslaps

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 147806
I remember playing his SSS model in a guitar center over 10 years ago and it just felt very special. His signature pickups really stuck out to me.

')