Ibanez 2127z

Mullet

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I’m in the running for a used Ibby 2127z guitar. I’m usually a fixed bridge kind of guy, but plan to leave this in one tuning so no big issues with the floater.

Do any of you have one of these guitars? For those that do, have you retrofitted new pickups? How much of a ball ache was it? I’m thinking of slinging a set of BKP open juggernauts in white, into the guitar.

Also, should I be worried about any aspect of the guitar? Or are they pretty solid??

Cheers!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
I have one with EMG 57-7H and 66-7H and it sounds great. The playability is great, as in any prestige.

I have lately grown out of 26.5" scale 7s, as I prefer 25.5".

Good guitar.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I have a 2127 fixed bridge with a set of juggernaut (white bobbins).
They fit without no problem, just remember to email bkp with your guitar model so they can give you better info.
In my case they made a set with a slightly rounder baseplate in order to fit the cavities without additional work.

Synllip

Cyan
Reaction score
I got a 2127fx and I fitted a Duncan Distortion just fine, it's a really well built guitar, plays like butter.

takotakumi

Reaction score
I miss my old RGD2127z. They sound and feel incredible. I'm glad the new ones come with Lo-Pro over the Edge Zero :D

Latest posts