Ibanez 7621 project

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Hey guys, not to say that the whole discussion about the rebel flag being racist is relevant or not, but you guys did notice that there is a giant 01 below the bridge right?

The guitar's paint scheme is an homage to the Dukes of Hazzard, not just a confederate flag love-fest...just pointing that out.

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
------END OF HISTORY CLASS------ *hitting with my ruler on the table*

I don't like when people rape my first mod-thread hah. Im able to feed you with some pics of the wood underneath the paint very soon.

TankJon666

Reaction score
Is that the one thats been popping up on eBay every week or two for the last few months? That thing was crazy money! It started at £750 buy-it-now...

I love how its been turned into a thread about racism ...

Incidently though, I think the paintjob is awesome. Looks like a decent job. I guess some people aren't aware of the Dukes of Hazzard and the general lee :noplease:

Good luck with the modding :D

s4tch

Reaction score
It was online for maybe 2 weeks I think? At least on Ebay.

It was relisted a couple of times, I think it was on ebay for a total of 2 months.

As for your mod project, I wouldn't put a veener on it, I'd just try to find a plain color that would fit my taste AND the guitar. I think RGs look better with a plain finish, but that's just me. An orange or a glossy white would look mighty pretty with all that black hardware and pickups. If you really want that veener, check that video, and give the veener some color:

The interesting part is at 2:38

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
I dont think I will skip the veneer when I have found such a beautiful piece. And one of the main things about this project was that I wanted a guitar with the bare wood look!

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
I dont think I will skip the veneer when I have found such a beautiful piece. And one of the main things about this project was that I wanted a guitar with the bare wood look!

well there you go ;)

spalted maples dont take stain well at all, so its good youre not set on going color. lol

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
319447_10150929753672050_359644853_n.jpg

Did a rough sanding today.
The confederate flag is GONE, therefore you dont have a reason to discuss it anymore. :fawk:

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Did a rough sanding today.
The confederate flag is GONE, now you dont have a reason to discuss it. :fawk:

Beautiful piece of wood. It's gonna be a nice looking guitar.

(and I'm glad there is nothing else to discuss of the image in the former paint job, as it too is now history!)

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
Its beautiful indeed. Im wondering if I just shall skip the veneer... Ive seen quite a few veneer projects, and most of them isnt as stunning and nice as bare wood...

What do you guys think?

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
Its beautiful indeed. Im wondering if I just shall skip the veneer... Ive seen quite a few veneer projects, and most of them isnt as stunning and nice as bare wood...

What do you guys think?

Bare sounds simpler, easier and with a much better chance of coming out really nice.

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
Its 2 pieces, inbetween the pickup cavities you can see it pretty clear.

ThePhilosopher, well done! Looks good.

93anq.jpg

Here is the neck. Gonna buy some black dye asap!

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Am i seeing wrong, or is that 1 piece body?

you are, its 2 peices. you can see the joint line in between the two pups. That aside, thats a damn good matching job on their part lol.

And bare basswood isnt very attractive.

P1010109.JPG

images

Sam MJ

Tries to be helpful
Reaction score
Been thinking about doing this to my 7621 in the future, just wondering what the process is like, so i'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread :D :yesway:

oliviergus

Djentiver Gustafsson
Reaction score
I don't think they are real since Tim himself from BKP said so.

By the way, I want to order a custom decal from best-decals.com and ive already sended them two mails.... without sucess.
Do any1 know if they're active?

Latest posts

')