Ibanez 7's in AUS

• Thread starter Ibanez_fanboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
ok, so im in the market for a 7 string, and i really like ibanez guitars so thats what im looking to stick too... id rather one witha hardtail, and reasonally preiced, the RG1527 is a fair bit more than the 7321 so.. im not sure. help me out! i have no idea...
thanks in advance :metal: :hbang: Jay

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Jay! Where are you looking at buying from? If you're after new with warranty I can direct you to a friendly dealer, otherwise look at US ebay or the for sale section here. Hell, check out http://www.ericsguitars.com/ Eric is a regular here and probably won't mind shipping one over. Expect the guitar itself to be a whole lot cheaper from the States (especially used) and a shipping charge of up to A$200. Just beware on the bay as you won't be able to send it back should there be a problem.

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
dpm said:
Hi Jay! Where are you looking at buying from? If you're after new with warranty I can direct you to a friendly dealer, otherwise look at US ebay or the for sale section here. Hell, check out http://www.ericsguitars.com/ Eric is a regular here and probably won't mind shipping one over. Expect the guitar itself to be a whole lot cheaper from the States (especially used) and a shipping charge of up to A$200. Just beware on the bay as you won't be able to send it back should there be a problem.

well im in brisbane.. so my only option is allans music, or the australian accademy of music [same company "shock horror" lol] so yeah, id rather buy it new, so if something goes wrong i can take it to them. i im really unsure wether the RG7321 [fixed bride] is avalible anymore. id rather it over the prestige, because of costs and such....

thanks for you help so far DPM
btw your ralph wiggum quote made me laugh

:wavey:

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Talk to Jeff at Allans. Most of the people at both those shops are tossers but Jeff is really good to deal with. BTW, if you do have a problem you're best not letting it go to the warranty repairer.... I can't really go into that here but PM me if you want to know more :D

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
Dude go to this store... www.guitar.com.au

theyre on New street on the coast, just off the M1. They have RG7321's for $780 aus, and can get you 1527's for $1600 which is 400 cheaper than usual. I highly recomment them, i've been there before and ordered my valveking through them as well, excellent people to deal with.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the plug! :yesway: I ship down there about 1-3 guitars a month now so I am certainly able to help if anyone is interested. Thanks!

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
It's been as low as $125 or so. The big thing is how much stuff people want me to stuff in the case. Lots of strings, pickups, etc crammed in there makes the pkg weigh more and most people load up pretty good. The most one has ever been I believe was about $225 or so but had a TON of insurance on it... over $4000 worth if I remember right.

I am probably just confusing the issue here with all this. I charge $150 and then either refund the difference or have the buyer pay the rest depending on the final cost. It also varies a bit based on what part of the country it's going to. Hope all that rambling helps.

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
ok.. thanks for the input guys! i still want to know more about these guitars..
i played the RG1527 last night and i looooooooooooooooooove it, i can get it a for a reasonalble price [$1604] (good deal??) so... should i? it would be a 4 month thing, and i would really like to tryt the 7321 first

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
1600$?
Thats about 1100$ American dollars. we can get them new here for around 700-800$...

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
forelander said:
Dude go to this store... www.guitar.com.au

theyre on New street on the coast, just off the M1. They have RG7321's for $780 aus, and can get you 1527's for $1600 which is 400 cheaper than usual. I highly recomment them, i've been there before and ordered my valveking through them as well, excellent people to deal with.
i love you!!!!! fuck thats a good site... im going to go to that store asap!!!!!
you rock :hbang: :hbang: :scream: :scream: :scream: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :shred: :shred: :shred: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk:

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
As a point of reference the Aussie list price for Donnie's JP7's (which he picked up for around US$1600-$1700 [list $2k]) is around AUS$5500 - $6k. Don't get me started on this :rant:

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
dpm said:
As a point of reference the Aussie list price for Donnie's JP7's (which he picked up for around US$1600-$1700 [list $2k]) is around AUS$5500 - $6k. Don't get me started on this :rant:
i makes me angry as hell too, dont you worry!! although.. to me $1600 isnt too much for a prestige.. but we get kicked in the ass with prices :(

Roland777

Reaction score
Prices ain´t exactly peachy here in Sweden either. RG7321´s go for about 800USD list, and RG1527´s roughly 1400USD.

Roland777

Reaction score
Return fire with exact price-quotes:

RG7321 - 815USD
RG1527 - 1380USD

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
1600$?
Thats about 1100$ American dollars. we can get them new here for around 700-800$...

I bought my RG1527 new from Ishibashi for almost exactly $800US (93,000 yen, which, at the current rate, converts to $800.33)

Although the RG1527 is a great guitar, to pay $1100-$1400US for it seems silly...

')