Ibanez 7's in AUS

• Thread starter Ibanez_fanboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Roland777 said:
Return fire with exact price-quotes:

RG7321 - 815USD
RG1527 - 1380USD

holy shit. i can get a hold of a RG7321 for about 300$ US. :holy:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Roland777

Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
holy shit. i can get a hold of a RG7321 for about 300$ US. :holy:

Yeah well, I got my RG7321 for 627USD, including a gigbag. That's considered a steal in Sweden. :scratch:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy fuck dude...thats insane. Is it cheaper to import them?

Roland777

Reaction score
Ha ha, you haven't heard the worst yet. Buy in anything from outside of the EU and you'll have to pay a 30% tax, and an additional 3% tax on top of that.

Thomann looks like the best bet (german online store), but the price difference was only like 70USD when I bought my RG7321, so I thought it'd be better to have the guitar in my hand from a nearby dealer, rather than risk it and having it bought in from Germany.
However, I've bought my new pickup-combo from Thomann, and that has saved me 76USD. I shelled out 200USD for a BC and an AN7, including shipping, while one pickup alone costs 137USD in Sweden.

Makelele

Reaction score
I've heard of people buying them for 400€ here in Finland (about 470USD), so it seems to be a bit cheaper here than in Sweden, or Australia for that matter. :D

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
damn australia sucks :( well it is christmas.. is it not? and i got some cash :D $150.. and im earning $500 this week, so im on my way to getiing the 1527... BUT i have to sell one of my non used guitars... so if anyone is intereested in a monterey telecaseter.. yer i know its not a 7 but i need to sell it... if anyone knows some-one in brisbane looking for a cheap and good guitar pm me, with your email or something and i will tell you more :D thanks !!

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
prices in australia are fucked...these days it's probably cheaper to import them since there are no customs duties/taxes for anything less than $1000 Aus. then there's the risk of international shipping and at least $100 US for shipping. Though it's pretty much cheaper to import second hand, first hand isn't worth it, and some stores have good deals. For example, i'd only save about 200-300 aus if i imported a new schecter hellraiser as opposed to buying one new here, however anything that's over 750 us wouldnt be worth it as theres then about an extra 300-400 in taxes/duties anyways. If you can find good shit second hand though...I've been looking for a 7620 on US ebay with no luck...i could probably end up getting one here for around $500 US, and sell it for a lot more. A shop here is asking 750 US for an rg7420 thats been in the store for a few years...they were asking 1500 AUs before. It's fucked.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Roland777 said:
Ha ha, you haven't heard the worst yet. Buy in anything from outside of the EU and you'll have to pay a 30% tax, and an additional 3% tax on top of that.

Thomann looks like the best bet (german online store), but the price difference was only like 70USD when I bought my RG7321, so I thought it'd be better to have the guitar in my hand from a nearby dealer, rather than risk it and having it bought in from Germany.
However, I've bought my new pickup-combo from Thomann, and that has saved me 76USD. I shelled out 200USD for a BC and an AN7, including shipping, while one pickup alone costs 137USD in Sweden.

1.3 (30%) * 349$(Usual RG7321 rate) = 453.70 + 3% tax = 467$. that still seems like a lot cheaper than 627... I'm sure it gets fucking astronomical on high end guitars though.

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
well the retailers gotta try make some profit on top of that as well...and on high end guitars it does get fucking astronomical...universes, even k7's etc run into the 3-4 grand (aus) range new. you can still save a lot going second hand but you end up paying a lot more than anyone in the states would consider reasonable. And don't even get me started on amps. I just got a peavey 112 valveking for $850 new which is pretty much as cheap as it gets and not too bad compared to the US price (it's still pretty friggen shitty though, but considering shipping etc...). A new 6505 II head is around the 2000 mark. A mesa half stack would run at around 6-7 grand. it sucks major ass.

Roland777

Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
1.3 (30%) * 349$(Usual RG7321 rate) = 453.70 + 3% tax = 467$. that still seems like a lot cheaper than 627... I'm sure it gets fucking astronomical on high end guitars though.

Yeah, but tab on 100-150USD worth of shipping and your savings will only be marginal in comparison to the risks of intercontinental shipping... It's pretty much catch 22. Luckily enough, I get a 20% discount at the place I usually buy my stuff from.

Just a little addition: the second-hand market is f%&¤ing insane as well. There's an RG7620 going for 878USD at www.vendolin.se, and some dirtbag's trying to rob someone with his BTB405 bass for 815USD. However, these items have been on sale for quite a while... The main point being that it is VERY rare to come across an even slightly beneficial deal. The best I've seen was a 5-string Soundgear bass that went for about just above 400USD.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's mine:
vbgarage.php

There's plenty to go around in the User Gallery

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:
nice....
oh, umm i have alot of questions about 7 string pickups, so if you can help, add me to MSN: JS_100B@hotmail.com

:bowdown: :shred:

I'm busy with a translation job right now, so I can't really get on MSN. I just came on sevenstring to see if there was anything new.

But! Take a look at the "Sevenstring Pickup Guide": http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=459

This should be WAAAAY more info than you need. Everyone likes different sounds, so read the reviews on there and see what you'd like. Sevenstring pickups you might consider: Dimarzio Blaze, Dimarzio Blaze Custom (what I play), Dimarzio Air Norton, Dimarzio Evolution, Dimarzio Tone Zone, Seymour Duncan JB, Seymour Duncan '59, or even EMGs. There are lots more and what kind you'd like is all up to you. Take a look at that thread. Lotsa good info.

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
Naren said:
I'm busy with a translation job right now, so I can't really get on MSN. I just came on sevenstring to see if there was anything new.

But! Take a look at the "Sevenstring Pickup Guide": http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=459

This should be WAAAAY more info than you need. Everyone likes different sounds, so read the reviews on there and see what you'd like. Sevenstring pickups you might consider: Dimarzio Blaze, Dimarzio Blaze Custom (what I play), Dimarzio Air Norton, Dimarzio Evolution, Dimarzio Tone Zone, Seymour Duncan JB, Seymour Duncan '59, or even EMGs. There are lots more and what kind you'd like is all up to you. Take a look at that thread. Lotsa good info.

thanks mate :wavey: :hbang: :shred: :metal: :yesway:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Very very very nice guitar, HateBreeder.

By the way, how do I upload my pics to the user gallery?

Go to User CP, then "Your Gallery".

Ibanezfanboy,
Thanks for the comments. The 1077XL is one of the coolest ibanezes, cause its one of the only baritone scale 7 strings they did (It has a 27" Scale neck). the other one i really want is a RG7421XL.. its a regular 7421, but with a longer neck... I really dig my RG \m/. If you wanna see more, there's some pics on the Ibanez register.Here
I've actually done the white knobs/bobbin topper thingy on it since those pictures so i need some new ones.
My pickups of choice is the Air Norton 7 for the neck and either a Blaze or a Tone Zone for the bridge. Lots of people are pushing the Blaze Custom and i've really wanted to try out a few different pickups in my schecter's bridge... The ToneZone rules in the RG1077,though.

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Go to User CP, then "Your Gallery".

Ibanezfanboy,
Thanks for the comments. The 1077XL is one of the coolest ibanezes, cause its one of the only baritone scale 7 strings they did (It has a 27" Scale neck). the other one i really want is a RG7421XL.. its a regular 7421, but with a longer neck... I really dig my RG \m/. If you wanna see more, there's some pics on the Ibanez register.Here
I've actually done the white knobs/bobbin topper thingy on it since those pictures so i need some new ones.
My pickups of choice is the Air Norton 7 for the neck and either a Blaze or a Tone Zone for the bridge. Lots of people are pushing the Blaze Custom and i've really wanted to try out a few different pickups in my schecter's bridge... The ToneZone rules in the RG1077,though.

awesomeeeeeeee :bowdown:

')